Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

World Models inflatable tires

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

World Models inflatable tires

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2011, 09:44 AM
whstlngdeath
My Feedback: (15)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default World Models inflatable tires

Is anyone using inflatable tires from The World Models? I got a set of 5" wheels for my Top Flight giant P-47, but not sure what to use to inflate them. The valves on the tires appear to be made of the same hard plastic the wheels are made of, but they did not come with a fitting to inflate them with. Looking at the pic, you guys think a regular needle for inflating footballs would work? They are great quality wheels, but would need a bit of air in them to support the weight of the plane.

Jesse
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn36582.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	113.8 KB
ID:	1612122   Click image for larger version

Name:	Id95288.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	77.5 KB
ID:	1612123  
Old 05-21-2011, 11:32 AM
Lnewqban

Default RE: World Models inflatable tires

If the diameter of a needle for sport balls fit into the fitting, it should work.
Old 05-22-2011, 06:17 AM
LesUyeda
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"If the diameter of a needle for sport balls fit into the fitting, it should work."

Be sure to wet the needle (for lubricant) before you try to insert it.

Les
Old 05-22-2011, 04:08 PM
whstlngdeath

Not sure what's going on with this setup. The needle will fit but pretty tight. After insertion, there's no air moving through the valve. I opened up the tire and this is what the valve looks like. There is a rubber sleeve over the plastic valve, covering a hole in the side of the valve. Blowing through the external valve hole, air does not go through. Not sure what to make of this. It almost looks like I need a large amount of pressure to force air through the side hole and through the silicone sleeve. Never seen anything like it. Any ideas?

Jesse

Name:	Rp43116.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	78.3 KB
ID:	1613078   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vq50668.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	51.5 KB
ID:	1613079  
Old 05-22-2011, 05:06 PM
whstlngdeath

Never mind, I got it! I was sticking the needle in too far and covering up the side hole from the inside. I just need to stick the needle in a bit and then it will push air through. Thanks everyone.

Jesse
Old 02-20-2015, 07:42 PM
abufletcher

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Let me add to this thread by mentioning my own problems with these inflatable tires. Mine came with a 30% Paulistinha P-56. I was unable to inflate them with the inflation needle provided. I also disassembled the tire and the valve is a bit different. It's made of brass with an inner nut to keep it in place. The side of the inner barrel has a small pin-hole in it and is covered with a short length of silicon tubing.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-s...l#post11987430

At any rate, I've given up for now and ordered a set of solid 6" tires.

Name:	Paulistinha-tires-valve-1.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	3.52 MB
ID:	2075034  
Old 04-14-2015, 10:28 AM
jaimefernando

I'm now 80% done with the assembling of my new 33% P-56 from World Models and I found myself dealing with these infamous tires.......... to start with, the box didn't come with a tire fitting so I had to literally go and purchase a pump that came with different size needles. The first attempt and the little valve went inside!! and I wasn't doing much pressure; so, I had to disassemble the complete tire and rescue it from the inside; pretty similar to the one shown in the previous picture. Well, then I came up with the idea of putting a washer on the outside end just to prevent it from getting inside again once I am pushing the pump needle. It worked and you can actually see the tire getting size; but the glory lasted only for a few seconds since all air is gone in three seconds.

Conclusion: I am also giving up and will get a solid 6 inch tire from Dubro .....

The plane looks beautiful; I am fitting a 55DLE instead of the 85 cc that they recommend. Over power one reason, and the other: I will have to destroy the cowling to make space for that thing........
Old 04-15-2015, 08:31 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I use the Dubro wheels and need to give them a pump of air every couple of weeks but like them a lot. I can adjust the air pressure and they act like shock absorbers when landing.