Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

McDaniels Glow Driver...Questions and Help.

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

McDaniels Glow Driver...Questions and Help.

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2011, 02:02 PM
baxtercat
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default McDaniels Glow Driver...Questions and Help.

I recently bought a brand newbuilt Waco Bi-plane and it has a McDaniels glow driver on the Saito FA-200R3. The guy i bought it from said it had fired up and ran through one tank of fuel. I have went through the instructions a few times just to make sure I have the system setup correctly. The LED comes on wheni power on theRx & Tx (I have the glow driver and throttle on a "Y" and into the throttle slot on Rx)but I don't get any power to the glow plugs.There is a 4xNiCd that was sold with the plane and hooked up to the glow driver. The battery pack has 5.6v when i test it with a voltmeter. Everything else seems to be hooked up correctly and tight when I trace the wires back to their respective sources.

What could I be missing? Should I try something different?I will be talking to the guy who sold this to me asap, but he has been out of town for the last week. Just trying to be proactive.

Thank you in advance!

David
Old 05-29-2011, 02:19 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: McDaniels Glow Driver...Questions and Help.

I have never used the McD but if I don't have my Expert set up close {a few inches} from the engine it won't light up the plug. I'm not a big fan of the OBGDs because of the set up problems I have seen with them.
Old 05-29-2011, 02:20 PM
jetmech05

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: McDaniels Glow Driver...Questions and Help.

I don't know about McDaniels but I had an Expert....if the poliarty was reversed to the glow plug it would burn them out....I know I know it doesn't make sense electrictly...but if the ground wire and the power were reversed at the unit it would fry them pretty quickly....and it was reversed in the unit.....once we swapped the wires at the unit it was ok....you might want to check that