Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Greyhound shipped plane, LOST! , HELP!

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Greyhound shipped plane, LOST! , HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2011, 06:35 AM
kram
My Feedback: (7)

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Greyhound shipped plane, LOST! , HELP!

ORIGINAL: carrellh

After reading this saga, there's no way I'd use GH to ship anything. I wouldn't recommend being a GH passenger because of the way they have handled this.

I do thank you for telling the story because it is valuable information. Even though many have good luck with them, the horror stories do need to be told.

But, I do not believe GH will lose enough sales because of this thread to influence any changes in the way they run the business. I do not think that is a good thing but I do think it is reality.

You are SO correct!

#1) Doing business in an honorable and fair way is is SO much more expensive than merely having an occasional pissed-off customer. Most large USA businesses have figured that out in the past coupla decades.

#2) In a large corporate structure: no matter how far up the ladder you think you're going, you will NEVER file a complaint with someone who has skin in the game. They have a job in a company they don't care about and they won't lose any money or any sleep no matter how dissatisfied you are. In fact, they probably wouldn't care at all if GH went belly-up.

mt
Old 09-11-2011, 07:09 AM
handyman 220
My Feedback: (54)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can add me to the list of people who will not ship through GH. It may cost a little more through UPS or FedEx, but they stand behind their shipping and insurance policy!! I just shipped a plane to NM, told the buyer I preferred not to use GH because of bad publicity lately.
Old 09-11-2011, 07:48 AM
Warbirdguy

Im still delivering airplanes Just keep me in mind. Delivering withing 400 mile radius of Nashville TN.

Im doing this due ot Denny's thread. I used to glorify GH. Have used them for many years. Never really had a problem, but, it only takes one bad experience to take a bite out of your wallet. I figured I have rolled the dice enough. Im leaving the table a winner.

I will never ship GH again due to this thread.

Hope to meet you in my travels Denny.

WBG
Old 09-11-2011, 07:59 AM
RCER88
My Feedback: (25)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have been watching this thread with interest and at times disgust. Will I NEVER use GH, NOT a chance.

I recently drove from Michigan to Tupelo, MS to pickup a plane. 80 inch ws Zero.

Guess what, I was back home in 36 hours and NO DAMAGE, and nothing got lost. No crate either.

The "Pony express" plane service is a great idea. I am considering a trip to Perry GA in early March for the Perry swap meet. I would consider hauling planes on the trip down there for people along I-75 from MI to Perry on that trip. I want to be empty when I get there. Most fuselages under 72 inches in length will fit nicely in the back of my Jimmy and sit nicely on the carpeted deck. Wings of less than 80 if they have retracts I can hang from the roof inside. Trips in the MI area could be done upon request.

Tenacious you got screwed. But thanks for the enlightenment. It has been eye opening.
Old 09-11-2011, 10:38 AM
Warbirdguy

Ill be heading down to Perry this time also. I got a Windstar so can carry around 98" pretty easily. Not sure what Ill be taking to sell but should have room there and back. If your there and find something you want but dont have room and you are along my route north....for a tiny fee, Ill drop it off for you. At least you know its not going to get lost of damaged lol.

WBG
Old 09-11-2011, 10:58 AM
tenacious101010
My Feedback: (97)

It seems sharing this event has some good. I did get a bit childish and poke fun at them but I think anyone reading this can separate the facts from the frustration remarks. It was all meant in fun (at greyhounds expense). Warbirdguy, I hope your service works well for you and others. Perry will be a great opportunity for you do bring planes there and back. Get the word out and go for it.
Best wishes to all, I hope to meet many of the people on this thread someday. Dont lose focus on the hobby or life, dont lose the fun.
Live to Love and laugh, anything else is Rubbish!
Denny
Old 09-11-2011, 01:02 PM
scooterinvegas
My Feedback: (1)

I too have used GH in the past, NEVER again.
Old 09-11-2011, 05:10 PM
lopflyers
My Feedback: (12)

Well this is a happy ending for this movie. Denny lost some money but the pony express was born.
Also a lot of us learned a lesson about GH.
Now when I look for deals in the buy-sell section I restrict the search to whithin 200 miles of my zip code.
I will not use GH ever again[:'(]
Old 09-11-2011, 05:30 PM
tenacious101010

LOL, Pony Express, He should paint a big P-51 Mustang on the side of the van with the name PONY EXPRESS in big letters too!
Old 09-11-2011, 06:18 PM
AmishWarlord
My Feedback: (5)

Hey that Pony Express is from me. That what we call it in our state wood working club.
Old 09-11-2011, 07:08 PM
foodstick

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Sing along with me ... to the tune of I WAS BORN A RAMBLIN MAN...

Lord I want my Bonanza back !!! Even with insurance its hard to get my cash..

He lost his airplane on the back seat of a .. Greyhound bus...ROLLING DOWN HIGHWAY 41 !
Old 09-11-2011, 07:18 PM
bjbellino
My Feedback: (176)

Denny, didn't know until I asked around that Ebay owns Paypal. Anyway I am an ebayer and have a 100% positive feedback. Hadn't sold anything through Ebay for several months and decided to sell a couple of RC engines. Sold them for over $400.00, and ebay took what I thought was way too much for fees!! Anyway I get a posting on may Paypal account that s of the end of the month(July) that ebay would be holding any money that I made selling for up to 21 days, until they thought the buyer were satisfied., stating that my account looked suspicious?? I did everything ebay asked to do, communicated will the buyers, packaged and sent out sold items asap, described items accurately and all buyers posted a 100% positive feedback!!! Apparently not good enough for ebay. A short while later I started getting emails from buyers on ebay wanting more info on a car that I was selling and the bid was up to $9.000.00. After waiting a long time on the phone, I was actually able to talking to an Ebay rep, and after 2 hours of questions, I convinced they of who I was and after another hour, after getting someone with enough authority, they agreed that someone had stolen my user ID and had indeed, used it to post an ad for a car. Don't understand why?? Anyway ebay then told me that I HAD TO CANCEL THE AD, NOT THEM, EVEN THOUGH THEY Agreed I didn't post it. They then suspended my ebay account for a couple of weeks, to try to straighten things out and notify bidders that I didn't post ad. Anyway, I did talk to a paypal account person and explained my situation to her and stated that I didn't feel I had violated any ebay rules or regulations, and she stated that she would put in a request to get rid of the delay in the money, and after three more weeks, ebay lifted my restrictions. I won't deal with ebay any more. Sounds like you have went above and beyond trying to clear up a problem with shipping that wasn't yours to start with. I once shipped an rc plane to a guy in Florida, by way of Gray hound, and when he got it, it had a hole poked through the wing, so when he called, I asked him to take care of the situation, because I paid for insurance and Gray hound in Florida was going to have to deal with the damage. He did. I know the buyer paid you, but it wouldn't hurt to try and get him involved with Grayhound, (call and complain daily until the package is found)since this really affects him more than you. I realize that you are protecting you feedback scores and your ability to continue to sell with customer confidence. Can't blame people for being gun-shy about not getting what they paid for. But, it sounds like you are making every possible effort to make things right, Good luck, Bob.
Old 09-11-2011, 07:28 PM
Warbirdguy

ORIGINAL: tenacious101010

LOL, Pony Express, He should paint a big P-51 Mustang on the side of the van with the name PONY EXPRESS in big letters too!
Already tried that one [:@] wife said "Hell No" I told her I would use one of those magnetic stick on things so it could be removed lol.

Anyway. Im going to keep subscribed to this thread. Would still be interesting to find out where the plane ended up at. I still think your guy has it.

Post something if it does show up or you here word bout it.

Jamie
Old 09-11-2011, 08:29 PM
mrthomasfritz

You forget a fact, google, yahoo and others pick up these on the search and they cache them. They will be long term reference for people in the future.

You can however sue them in small claims court for triple damages for "breach of contract".

Just a thought.
Old 09-12-2011, 05:14 AM
Benoît

There is a whole Web site devoted to PayPal horror stories:

http://www.aboutpaypal.org/
Old 09-17-2011, 12:42 PM
tenacious101010

I was at work Friday and got a call. Was busy and couldnt answer. When i got a break, I looked and the number had an out of state area code but they left no message. I called the number, gave my name and they said they needed my credit card number. Right, so many scams in the world. I asked who they were and theey asked for my credit card information again. I asked again, "who is this?" The lady said she was from Greyhound. She said she needed my credit card number to reimburse me for the claim I filed on the shipping costs. I gave it to her and she says the credit should show on my next billing cycle. I am pleased with that news and hope it is true. I will for sure post if I do or do not get that money back. If I do, I have to say, they were very slow but did follow thru with their contractual obligations.
Denny

Dont forget WATTFEST 2011 October 2nd Tampa Florida. Come join the fun!

http://www.wattfest.com/
http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/202586666466353/
Old 09-17-2011, 12:52 PM
rye
My Feedback: (10)

hi
u shouldnt off did that u better check or call the card company and tell them to watch the card before charges start piling up never give your # to anyone you dont know just because they said they are from G_H donest mean someone has not been reading this fourm ,just thinking out loud,
Old 09-17-2011, 12:56 PM
tenacious101010

rye, Thanks for the words of wisdom. The call was from Greyhound, the area code and prefix were consistent with the numbers I had. But there are people that give out info to the wrong people all the time. If it was bogus, I will maybe start anotehr thread
Old 09-17-2011, 01:14 PM
Warbirdguy

You paid for your shipping with a credit card? Hmmm, they dont take credit cards here at the Manchester Greyhound station. Its cash only. There is an atm machine beside the registration counter.

WBG
Old 09-17-2011, 01:19 PM
tenacious101010

Well Warbirdguy, maybe they liked me better... Maybe only certian stations can accept credit cards. I will be surprised if I really get credited the $90 shipping cost. How have you been? seems like we were chatting daily for a while.
Denny
Old 09-17-2011, 01:25 PM
Warbirdguy

Been a little under the weather. Wife and I both. Doing better heat wave is gone here and more normal temps. Painting the Den today. Getting new furniture and stuff for it. Ready for the Holidays. Just heading out the door to get one more gallon of paint.

Started a build on a DC3 for DocYates. One of my kits. 136" 90% composite design. Look in my profile pictures. Youll see some pictures of it. Its always fun building one. I only offer it that way now. Kinda like an ARF. One of the Chineese company's already copied it LMAO. American Eagle copied it also. Oh well, I figure they must have been impressed by it

But, if you break something on it and need a replacement part...good luck at least with mine, you can give me a call and I can get one too you in no time. Made in the USA by me, full blooded American.

Anyways. back to painting

wbg
Old 09-17-2011, 01:30 PM
tenacious101010

I keep hoping to find someone around here with a military WW2 era C-47 so I can make a scale CG-4 glider to be towed by it. What scale is your DC-3?
Old 09-17-2011, 03:10 PM
rye
My Feedback: (10)

how about a 1/16 scale lcm and 1/16 scale rc tanks i could of sold it the guy said use G_H i said no way so the deals is off here she is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m87ls-CLQUY

http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/item.cfm?itemId=779304
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr49261.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	102.3 KB
ID:	1663487  
Old 09-17-2011, 03:36 PM
AmishWarlord
My Feedback: (5)

Pretty cool Warbird but it needs more guns.

Name:	Qn38477.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	8.5 KB
ID:	1663496  
Old 09-17-2011, 08:28 PM
Warbirdguy

Its just a little smaller than Ziroli's. Mine is 136" span. I had the same idea about a glider There is even a glider version of the C47 that was experimented with. I laid up a fuse in preperation of building one to be towed by one of my powered versions. The fuse is 96" long and it only weighed 2 lbs. That was without the wing. I never finished it. I ended up making a kit out of it for another customer. I would like to build one of the gliders that was used in D Day to be towed by one of my Planes. Mine is designed to run with two 120 to 150 four strokes. Two 26cc gas engines are perfect for it. The last one I built had retracts and gas engines and weighed in rtf at 29lbs. I have flown one with two Saito 150s that only weighed 24 lbs. Here are a few pics of a couple I built flying.

Name:	Vs55417.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	90.4 KB
ID:	1663650   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yt62028.jpg
Size:	20.2 KB
ID:	1663651   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yd82178.jpg
Size:	34.8 KB
ID:	1663652   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pj18975.jpg
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	1663653   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yj65610.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	1663654   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ct17946.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	62.8 KB
ID:	1663655  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.