Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Greyhound shipped plane, LOST! , HELP!

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Greyhound shipped plane, LOST! , HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2011, 06:21 AM
AmishWarlord
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Greyhound shipped plane, LOST! , HELP!

have you tried pushing 0 or not pushing anything to get an operator?

Have you gone up the chain of customer service managers?
Old 07-13-2011, 06:37 AM
tenacious101010
My Feedback: (97)

Pushing 0 is not an option, nothing happens. I asked for a supervisor and I was told basically, no. Thats a nice offer on the shipping but I doubt anyone will take him up on the offer. As kind as he is to do such a thing. I am sure almost everyone would be hesitant to take this offer. A buyer or seller would have little recourse if say the driver was held at gunpoint by some crackhead idiot who demanded the plane. OK, seriously, no recourse for anything happening and no guarntees. But please let him know we do appreciate the offer. Oh and just to make sure everyone knows I am not a cruel person, no crackheads were injured in conjuring up that scenario.
Denny
Old 07-13-2011, 06:47 AM
AmishWarlord
My Feedback: (5)

Man this thread is more suspenseful and captivating than a Korean drama.

Will the buyer get his plane?
Will paypal unfreeze the funds?
Will Greyhound pay up for their incompetence?
Just who is this crack head holding up truckers on 95 for model airplanes?
Old 07-13-2011, 06:52 AM
wahoo
My Feedback: (59)

ORIGINAL: tenacious101010

Things happen, perfection is nonexistent. I am not deciding to discontinue doing business with them because they lost a package. That could happen, thats not the issue. Its the way they handle it that I consider unaceptable.

What is it that you find sounacceptable in the way they are handing your claim, that they don't call you with a daily report ? You surely don't know what goes on inside a big company such as Greyhound and I'm pretty sure that they're working on you problem systematically within company protocol.

They have their policies, Paypal has theirs and I have mine.
And just what are your policies ? Maybe they should be disclosed within thedescriptionof what you are selling.

Its just not worth it to me for what happens in the 1 out of 10 packages that does get misplaced. The time is too long between package lost , Paypal issues and final payout.
So you've shipped 10 planes and they lost one of them. Your math and way of thinking is VERY flawed if you think Greyhound and the universe revolves around you.

Having funds frozen for such a length of time is a huge issue also.
Having a separate PayPal account for buying and shipping planes might be a goodpolicyfor you to inact and there would be nohuge issue.

Just not worth the ensuing problems for me to continue shipping with them.
Thats totally your decision.

Every shipping outfit inexistence has flaws and Greyhound is no exception. IMO they still handle their packages better then USPS, FedEx or UPS and more economically also.

What bothers me is the negative impact this might have with other members of RCU that might not ship me a plane using them because theyare reading this thread. Let the process run it course and then complain if you don't get satisfaction.

Remember you can't please everyone all the time.

Old 07-13-2011, 07:35 AM
badazzgti03
My Feedback: (4)

your buyer will eventually get the package today...tomorrow 6 months down the road to a year....GH is horrible for shipping large packages or even any packages!!! ship either FedEx Freight or DHL...the extra money payed to ship it will be well worth it and your guaranteed it will arrive at its destination on time!
Old 07-13-2011, 07:41 AM
Avaiojet

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm sure he's a nice guy and your serious but think of it this way.

OK me, a guy you don't know on the Internet, knows a trucker, that will meet you at a rest stop probably late at night, with you carrying cash and an expensive model, that you will just hand over to this tucker that is a friend of a guy you don't know on the Internet.
Well Amish,

First of all, there's hundreds of modelers who know exactly who I am,

In fact, here's a bunch of them:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/community/...ry&memid=11343

Secondly, modelers take chances every day when they ship. This trucker, who I trust, has absolutely no interest in model airplanes. Lucky guy.

Either way you're flying blind.
Old 07-13-2011, 07:46 AM
tenacious101010

ORIGINAL: wahoo

Things happen, perfection is nonexistent. I am not deciding to discontinue doing business with them because they lost a package. That could happen, thats not the issue. Its the way they handle it that I consider unaceptable.

What is it that you find so unacceptable in the way they are handing your claim, that they don't call you with a daily report ? You surely don't know what goes on inside a big company such as Greyhound and I'm pretty sure that they're working on you problem systematically within company protocol.

They have their policies, Paypal has theirs and I have mine.
And just what are your policies ? Maybe they should be disclosed within the description of what you are selling.

Its just not worth it to me for what happens in the 1 out of 10 packages that does get misplaced. The time is too long between package lost , Paypal issues and final payout.

So you've shipped 10 planes and they lost one of them. Your math and way of thinking is VERY flawed if you think Greyhound and the universe revolves around you.

Having funds frozen for such a length of time is a huge issue also.

Having a separate PayPal account for buying and shipping planes might be a good policy for you to inact and there would be no huge issue.

Just not worth the ensuing problems for me to continue shipping with them.
Thats totally your decision.

Every shipping outfit in existence has flaws and Greyhound is no exception. IMO they still handle their packages better then USPS, FedEx or UPS and more economically also.

What bothers me is the negative impact this might have with other members of RCU that might not ship me a plane using them because they are reading this thread. Let the process run it course and then complain if you don't get satisfaction.

Remember you can't please everyone all the time.

Now thats some funny stuff. Its important that we dont lose our sense of humor. Thanks for your constructive input.

I agree with you badazz. Most likely it will show up. If not, it will be eventually settled. In everything there is a bright side if we choose to look for it and/or see it. I hope anyone wanting to ship a plane or have one shipped can make a much more educated decision based on the thread. At least the way an issue is handled by Paypal and Greyhound will be obvious to all.
Old 07-13-2011, 07:49 AM
jetmech05

How long have you worked for Greyhound Wahoo?
A package of this size just doesn't fall behind a shelf somewhere......3 weeks to get from Tampa to Providence? I think that is long enough......
Seems to me that Greyhound needs to get busy and track this package, or pay the insurance.
One of the worse things you can do in business is let a customers imagination run away with him...how do you stop it?....By keeping the customer informed....
Old 07-13-2011, 08:06 AM
tenacious101010

jet, you hit it on the head, only asking to be kept informed. when they tell me over and over that they will call me and they dont, well, I guess that I should sit back, keep quiet and just wait... wait... wait for it.... wait untill the time limits have run out. Sorry, not the right thing to do for the buyer or the seller. We both deserve to be contacted when they drop the ball. I have had to push them to get any response at all, nothing from them till I started calling and demanding. According to Greyhound, this package was to be there around 9 June at the latest, I understand it might take a bit longer, no problem. When its over a month past the delivery date, then its time for them to be professional in my opinion. Center of the universe, that post wasnt you but it still has me laughing. Its all about the perception I suppose. All are welcome to their opinion.
Old 07-13-2011, 08:53 AM
huck1199

Or you can hand it over to uncaring corporate employees.
Old 07-13-2011, 10:11 AM
tenacious101010

I still havent heard back from the buyer if they had been to the Providence Greyhound. I still feel the most likely outcome of this event will be the package will be found, it could very possibly be sitting at the Providence Greyhound station, if, I left now, I could be there by say 4AM tomorrow? Not very feasable for me, I sure wish it was. I have already heard of exactly that happening several times, the package was at the destination station and just needed the recipient to pick it up. Sometimes the Greyhound didnt call them to let them know it was there, or the customer didnt get the message that the package was there ready to pick up. In case the plane is actually out of Greyhound control, I am posting pictures of the plane. It is one of a kind, approx 82 inch wingspan, white with Burgandy trim. It is painted with what looks like automotive paint, has the retracts installed, but no engine in it. This is the Top Flite built kit.
Thanks, Denny

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr50394.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	99.3 KB
ID:	1634728   Click image for larger version

Name:	Eb86919.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	119.1 KB
ID:	1634729   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz77097.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	109.3 KB
ID:	1634730  
Old 07-13-2011, 11:00 AM
tenacious101010

I got a return call today from my call to Greyhound this morning. The numbers they gave me before, the customer number and the claim ID only is so this event will be assigned to a claims examiner. Once its in their database, the claims examiner will have another 6 digit number, the Claim File number, that will mean they are working on it. That is the number that would be used to track the status of the claim. So if I understand it correctly, its been over a month ago it should have been there. And as of now, they havent begun looking for it yet. I dont believe Greyhound has the capability to have an internal alert that a package has not reached its destination. The sooner they are contacted, the sooner that the ball can get rolling. I would have very mixed emotions to find out the package has been at Providence all along....
Old 07-13-2011, 11:09 AM
predman
My Feedback: (7)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to paypal, your dilemma is i why i no longer use it. Your out your money and your product.
Old 07-13-2011, 11:16 AM
Airplanes400
My Feedback: (349)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So, now we have an APB on the plane ...

BOLO ...

They probably like the people that dont really take any action to resolve issues. Maybe my nic is inappropraite, should I change it from Tenacious to dontworrybehappywhocares ? I am thinking I am the kind of person they need to work there to reslove issues. I have upheld my end of my agreement with Greyhound but it seems they are not doing so well on their end. Giving me a 7 digit number than asking for a 6 digit number. The really funny/sad thing is, they have 3 options at one part of their answering and routing processs. I can either;
1. Enter the Bus Bill number
2. Enter the 6 digit claim file number.
3. If I have lost my claim file number I can leave a message to have a claims representative call me back. ( which I have used several times)

But then I guess I would never make it in the corperate world and now after pondering that first part of this sentence, I am kind of proud of that actually.
Denny
Seems that you know this part already ... The Busbill number is not the same as the File (Claims) number. Greyhound issues this a month or two after you notify them. Expect your case to drag on for at least two months.

Secondly, don't expect a Claims Representative to call you back when you leave a message. I did that more than a dozen times and never got a call back. I finally had to call the number on their website to get to a human.

Next time, take the funds out of your paypal account immediately. Otherwise, you will get tied up with their bureaucracy months on end. When you have the money, you have control.

Paypal will not be much help. Greyhound is the only one who can help get the money released to you. But they are slow too.

I also take it that Greyhound cannot provide you with any tracking info... Was it ever put on a bus? if so, what terminal did the bus take it to? Was it ever transferred to another bus that took it to another terminal or its final destination? Where was it last seen/recorded? I'm sure Greyhound is waiting for their employees to get this info to them.

Your paperwork is most likely sitting on someones desk who has forgotten about it.
Old 07-13-2011, 11:34 AM
Airplanes400

I built the very same plane about 25 years ago, but did the 'T' tail version (pictured below). Installed a OS .61 engine, nav lights, and retracts. Built exactly according to the plans. The plane was very heavy and a real dog in the air. Had to land the Bonanza real fast or it would stall.
Was nice to look at, but not fun to fly.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Kh17668.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	116.1 KB
ID:	1634814  
Old 07-13-2011, 12:14 PM
tenacious101010

A/C 400, After hearing your feedback on its flying characteristics, I have a new scenario, maybe it was stolen by a bunch or renegade uzi toting Keebler elves so they can it use pursue a new endeavor and use it as an anchor for a superfast high tech drug running speedboat.
Well, I am surprised that a .60 size engine could power it. This one seems very light, thats why I had considered making it electric powered instead of gas. Thanks for your inputs. I am not a betting man so never bet me on anything because I would have some inside information and know its a sure thing to bet. That being said, I really feel that, odds are that its sitting in Providence. As far as I know, the buyer has not spoken to them and has not been there to see if its there or picked it up. Either way, I am glad I canceled my ads to accept Paypal Payments and no longer plan on shipping airplanes. I want the buyer to have his money back if he doesnt get the plane. If Paypal doesnt resolve their part soon, my Paypal account will be cancelled, I did without them for years, I can do without them the rest of the time too.
Denny
Old 07-13-2011, 12:38 PM
Airplanes400

Those crazy Keebler Elves!
Old 07-13-2011, 01:14 PM
chris923
My Feedback: (53)

Denny,

I started watching your thread because I had a package being shipped from Burbank Ca. to Milw Wis. It was shipped on 6/30. From La to Omaha to Chicago to Milw.
I recieved a call yesterday that my package was in. Package size 80"x30"x 18".
Thank God, no issues.

Chris923
Old 07-13-2011, 01:23 PM
tenacious101010

I am glad to hear this Chris. The vast majority of packages shipped via Greyhound are delivered at a low cost in great shape. Its the exception when there is a problem. I am sure that Greyhound has a great record, maybe out of 300 packages maybe one gets misplaced. Thats just a wild guess, I actually have no idea, but problems are not their norm. But, if there is a problem, this thread can help people understand how the system works. Thanks for sharing your experience with the rest of us.
Denny
Old 07-13-2011, 01:37 PM
Avaiojet

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I recently sold a plane thru RCU. The buyer paid thru PayPal. I shipped the plane from Tampa FL to Providence RI.
DOUBLE HOLLY CRAP BATMAN!!

Edited for poor choice of words.
Old 07-13-2011, 01:42 PM
delman

Have you tried calling the Providence Greyhound Station to check for the box since you have your shipping numbers? Just an idea if not already tried.
Old 07-13-2011, 01:43 PM
tenacious101010

Charles, there goes my false sense of security, now I feel like I am on a sinking ship, as I reach to pull down a life preserver, I realize it is made of lead. Thanks buddy Please lie to me, tell me you were kidding.
Old 07-13-2011, 01:59 PM
tenacious101010

Thanks for the input delman, I tried several times calling today, all their numbers refer me to Dallas. OMG I just realized it a fast vicious circle this is becoming! There is a black hole right here on earth! The end is near! Run for your lives! Wheres my crack pipe? Oh geez, I will be glad when this is all over.
Speaking of the outcome of this thread, let me post a joke here just because I remembered it. There was this young guy in the old west, he wanted to grow up to be a famous gunfighter. He worked and saved up his money and bought a brand new gun and holster. He walked to town, stood in the middle of the street just looking for a chance to shoot his gun. he looked over and saw an old guy leaning back in his chair on the porch of the saloon. He recognized the old man as a famous gunfighter. He walked over to him and explained his ambition and asked the old man if he had any suggestions. The old man spit in the bucket, looked him over and said, " its all ablot being a good shot and being fast, all about speed". The old man said to him"lookat that holseter" The kid says, its brand new, whats wrong with it? The old man says"get a string and tie around your leg to hold the bottom of the holster as you draw your gun. The kid does this, looks around and promptly pulls the gun quickly and shoots the little wood ball decorations from the porch. The kid says to the old man, " how was that". The old man says "that impresive". The kid asks what else can you tell me?
The old man looks at his holster and says," look where the hammer of your gun digs into the holster, take a pocket knife and cut that part away. The kid does it, looks around, in the bar is a guy playing the piano. The kid promptly shoots the cufflinks of the piano player. He asks the old man, "any other ideas?" The old man says, "reach over there and get some lard from that can and rub on your gun." The kid rubs the lard all over the barrel and shows it to the old man asking him, "hows that?" The old man says more, on the handle too."
The kid is now puzzled, "on the handle too? Why?" The old man says, " That is Wyatt Erp playing the piano, when he comes out here and sticks that gun up your ___, you'll be glad you greased the whole thing.
Now, how much lard would it take to coat the whole package that greyhound has?
Sorry, a bit too much time on my hands tonight, I just couldnt resist.
Denny
Old 07-13-2011, 02:01 PM
tenacious101010

Its OK Charles, I thought it was funny, its all good
Old 07-13-2011, 03:00 PM
sledge_78
My Feedback: (24)

Tenacious,

Sorry to hear of the Greyhound shipping experience. There has to be a simple explanation for the non delivery. As beautiful as the airplane may be, few could steal it and use it the way it was intended. So, I would rule out theft based upon the odds. This means Greyhound still has it somewhere. The box is large it doesn't get lost easily, and no one could mistake it as theirs. I know this sounds rediculous, but I feel it will turn up at Greyhound somewhere. I went through this also with them but not quite as long as you have experienced. It did arrive from Maryland to Phoenix a couple of weeks late. Greyhound sees big packages every day. They knew that my box contained either an auto part of a model airplane from the box dimensions. I think they have it somewhere and its been there so long that no one wants to do anything with it. I am an optimist, it will turn up.

Sledge _78

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.