Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

2.4 Binding?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2012, 05:06 AM
bbbair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2.4 Binding?

Ok Guys I AM CONFUSED! []
(and upset )

I just upgraded my Eclipse 7 to 2.4 GHz and I am attempting to bind the receiver in NORMAL Mode.

The instructions are easy to follow - so I pressed the TX module button and turned on the TX.
THEN I pressed the RX Button and turned on the RX.

Lights are on! Lights are blinking! and I WAIT! and WAIT! (five minutes)

Lights are still ON and still blinking and NO BEEPS!... so is the system bound???

I turned OFF the RX and the TX ... then turned them back on... I have control over the AC functions, I THINK!

BUT this is NOT what the instructions say should have happened!

What is my NEXT move?
Old 03-04-2012, 05:46 AM
jester_s1

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Default RE: 2.4 Binding?

If the plane is responding to your control inputs then it is bound. An unbound system doesn't respond at all.
Old 03-04-2012, 06:26 AM
Ed Smith

I cannot reply to Eclipse binding. I will describe the Spectrum procedure.

For initial binding the Rx, battery and switch are hooked up. A bind plug is inserted in the charge lead coming from the switch. The RX is switched on, lights flash. The TX is switched on with the bind button held on. Both sets of lights flash and then go solid indicating binding is complete. I do not know of any system where the binding is complete if the lights are still flashing.

Once the two have gone through the initial binding the procedure changes a little. Now the TX is switched on first, no buttons held. Give the Tx time to "Search" the spectrum and lock on to a frequency, five seconds or so. Then the RX is switched on, the lights flash and then go solid, indicating the RX has recognised the TX signal.

Hope this helps.

Ed S

Old 03-06-2012, 07:51 AM
Matt14x

Turn your xmitter on, then your rec.. Right after you turn your rec. on, you should hear four rapid beeps from your xmitter. Thats how my converted Optic 6 works.

Matt
Old 03-06-2012, 11:54 AM
Steve Percifield
My Feedback: (14)

The beeps on my Aurora are so fast, I don't hear them, unless my ear is next to the module.

But, I agree with Jester. If it's responding, it's bound. BUt, to check, do a range test, that will confirm it.

Also, for peace of mind, call or email Hitec. They are very helpful.

And, don't try to compare the binding of Hirec to Spektrum. They are totally different.