Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

OS LA 40 Carbeurator

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

OS LA 40 Carbeurator

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2012, 03:03 PM
NEW222

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default OS LA 40 Carbeurator

Hi there. Just got a OS LA 40 engine, and have a little problem. It is the carbeurator. It is seized/rusted solid. I let it sit a day in WD40, no go. Tried a soaking in another lubricant, no go. So I am looking at taking it apart, but am unsure how it comes apart. Does anybody know how to disassemble it? Thank you very much.
Old 05-28-2012, 03:44 PM
NEW222

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: OS LA 40 Carbeurator

Ok. Finally got it apart. I was worried about the black plastic nipple on the other side of the needle, but got it free, so kept turning and it twisted out. Put the larger end over a vise and carefully tapped the center out with a drill bit and it came out. Now to just clean it up. Thanks.
Old 05-28-2012, 04:30 PM
crossman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OS LA 40 Carbeurator

Try soaking the non-plastic parts in Denatured Alcohol. That will clean up most residue. Most likely, the main issue is hardened fuel residue.

You can go to the OS Engines website and download the manual for the engine for an exploded view of the carb.