Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

How to install my elev

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

How to install my elev

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2003, 04:19 AM
Tommy8275
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to install my elev

I need help with my new Pit. This is my first 1/3 scale airplane ever built. I need to know how to hook up my elev to my reciever I did use a Y connector from JR. I had two servo on each side of the airplane, but each side is different position ( one side up and one side servo arm down). in order to make this elev moving right direction. I note that when I gave a full elev one of my (pull back) one of my flap was a little higher than the other. all the trim was fine at the nurtral. Anybody can help me with this problem? Next question is how do I use a flap by using a ailron to do a flap I know I have to mix inorder to make a flap.
I'm using a 9ZHWC2 radio
Old 09-05-2003, 11:00 AM
DBCherry
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not sure what to tell you about the elevator halves. It has to do with the slightly different throws from the servos. (One with horn up, other horn down.)

You could try using a servo reverser and setting the horns up the same, but I've heard of similar problems with the reversers. What about using one of the new "match boxes"? JR has one, and I think I saw an ad from Futaba too

Not sure about that 9Z transmitter, but other Futabas have a "flaperon" program already set up. Where's your manual? If you don't have one, most of the Futaba manuals can be downloaded from their website.
Dennis-
Old 09-05-2003, 11:19 AM
Tommy8275

Thank you for you respond I will looking to that hopely it will solve the problem
Old 09-05-2003, 02:19 PM
BobPhx

Use the Ailevator function on your 9CWC2. This will put the elevator servos on different channels (2 and 7, I believe). Within the Ailevator function, set the aileron travel to zero so that only the elevators move (no, this won't affect normal aileron travel). Mount the servos so they are mirror images of each other (both horns pointing in, or out, or up, whatever - not one in and one out), then use the reverse function to reverse whichever servo is "backwards." Finally use the subtrims and travel volume adjustments to make everthing match. Be sure to turn off channel 7 in the FNC menu so that the default knob is disabled. If you don't it will drive you nuts because you'll bump the knob and the neutral point will keep changing.

Re: flaps. Use the flaperon function (FPN) to make your ailerons into flaps.

DB is right. If you don't have the manual, get it. The WC2 is AWESOME but so versital that it can get complicated fast.
Good Luck!
Old 09-06-2003, 03:58 AM
Tommy8275

Thank Bob thank for time I will try them tomorrow