Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Cant decide

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2012, 06:47 PM
PropsnWings
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cant decide

I have a OS 1.60 FX, and would like to build a plane for it, from either a kit or plans. Any suggestions? Would like to keep to aerobatic, or even slightly aerobatic. I have looked at a couple of the Ultra Hots / Super Hots plans from MAN, but not sure if thats what I want, as I think those are profile planes?

Any help aprpeciated.
Old 09-07-2012, 09:42 AM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RE: Cant decide

If it does not have to absolutely be from a kit or plans and you can see your way through the clutter to an arf you will find this one a superb airplane and with your engine it is ideal. Best of all its not just another cookie cutter scale aerobat.

We currently have two of them on our field now both with the 1.60FX and I have helped the fellows with both and they are wonderful with that engine.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXLYC5&P=ML

John

Old 09-07-2012, 09:46 AM
PropsnWings

I must say you have intrigued me, as I do still like GP as a product.  I also have always liked the Sportsters.  

I will definitely keep this one in mind, while I make sure there isnt a viable option of a kit or plans to scratch from.
Old 09-07-2012, 11:17 AM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The hots is not a profile plane. It was made in so many styles though it's worth a phone call to MAN to find out what one you were looking at. The smaller ones are also one piece planes while the bigger ones are designed so the wing comes off to transport. That's worth knowing too. Too bad the Super Sportster is no longer kitted in the 120 any longer.
Old 09-07-2012, 12:05 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts

If you can still find one the Extreme Flight 78" Yak was a perfect match for that engine
Old 09-07-2012, 05:22 PM
PropsnWings

ORIGINAL: BarracudaHockey

If you can still find one the Extreme Flight 78" Yak was a perfect match for that engine
Hmm, now you have intrigued me further, as I do like the round cowl planes.........