Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

?????????????

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2012, 11:18 AM
Chucks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ?????????????

Has any of you people had any dealings with RCUTOPIA- I would like to buy from them but could not fine out any thing about them.HELP LPEASE Chuck
Old 12-29-2012, 05:10 PM
JCOKEEFE
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: ?????????????

Never heard of them, but that doesn't mean a thing in so far as doing business with them. Don't know what you are looking for, but I have been in the
hobby for a while (RC aircraft sport) and prefer to do business with companies like Advantage Hobby, Tower, BalsaUsa, etc.,. Good luck.[8D]
Old 12-29-2012, 05:34 PM
Chucks

Thanks for your fasr repley. I was looking to see if any one else has bought from them,and can you trust them. Thanks Ckuck
Old 12-29-2012, 09:25 PM
countilaw

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Let me give you some advice about purchasing from "Internet" Suppliers. First, if they don't list a physical address on their web page, MOVE ON! Second, if they don't accept PayPal, MOVE ON! Third, if their prices look too good to be true, MOVE ON !!.

There are a lot of web sight frauds that will take your money and you will never receive or hear from them again.

There was one such site not long ago that had all of the aforemention omissions. They turned out to be a scam artist in Russia. The good prices and promises attracted a lot of business in a short time. By the time everyone got suspicious, they were gone as was all the money.

Frank
Old 12-30-2012, 04:20 AM
airbusdrvr

ORIGINAL: countilaw

Let me give you some advice about purchasing from ''Internet'' Suppliers. First, if they don't list a physical address on their web page, MOVE ON! Second, if they don't accept PayPal, MOVE ON! Third, if their prices look too good to be true, MOVE ON !!.

There are a lot of web sight frauds that will take your money and you will never receive or hear from them again.

There was one such site not long ago that had all of the aforemention omissions. They turned out to be a scam artist in Russia. The good prices and promises attracted a lot of business in a short time. By the time everyone got suspicious, they were gone as was all the money.

Frank
I totally agree.
Old 12-30-2012, 04:29 AM
kwblake

Hey Chucks. Don't know what you are after from them, but I just went to their site, and looked a bit. I checked one item, the Parkzone F4U PNP. They have it listed for $189.99, while Horizon sells it for $199.99, and free shipping. Ask yourself, is it worth ten bucks to find out?
Old 12-30-2012, 04:42 PM
eddieC
My Feedback: (2)

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

&&&&&&&&

?????????????

============

******************!
Old 12-30-2012, 05:59 PM
carrellh

The search engines (bing, google, yahoo) turn up a few hits in Australia.
This picture, from the web site, tells me enough to pass...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qn38331.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	36.7 KB
ID:	1835255  
Old 12-30-2012, 06:43 PM
countilaw

A site like that kinda makes your skin crawl.

Frank
Old 12-31-2012, 03:59 AM
TomCrump

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: countilaw

A site like that kinda makes your skin crawl.

Frank
Far too many people look to save a penny, and waste dollars in the process. Look at some Far East hobby shops. They take your money, and don't back their products.

Some even pay modelers to say good things about them, and keep their names in the forefront, on the forums.

Old 12-31-2012, 12:26 PM
countilaw

Yes, you see it quite often, One poster complains how he got ripped off by a particular hobby supplier, and several other posters come out of the woodwork saying how they have spent thousands of dollars and hundreds of orders and never a single problem. And what get's me is how fast they got their orders to their doors. It seems like the suppliers shipped the order before the order was even made.

And how about the guy that has a join date of only a couple of days, made 2 posts, and both of them was for the same company of how great they are, and he claims he's been flying RC for 20 years.

And then you have the flip side, a guy has a join date of 10 years ago, only has 2 posts, and both of them are advertisements for a rip off supplier.

It's hard to believe anything you read in the forums these days. I really get ripped with the guys who have been flying ARFs for 6 months and they think they are experts of every aspect of RC.

I try to support my local hobby shop as much as I can.

Frank
Old 12-31-2012, 04:32 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I have noticed a few fellows that are now on RCU but are in China and working for the company and posting about there new products instead of paying for there advertising. It is fun to ask them direct questions though!! And yes, I did notice low poster and new people swearing about how good some vendors are when you post about a problem. Ever notice how the locals round the wagons of one of there local suppliers when there is a problem?.
Stick with the main suppliers and forget the fly by night companies.
Saying that I think I better get a move on and place an order with Central Hobbies while it's on my mind, I keep forgetting I need some parts. OH, and good people to work with but sure nail you on shipping for small items like I usually order. They could ship for 50 cents instead of $8.00 if they just put the parts in an envelope. Worked well for Xmas cards!!