Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

A new low from Hobby King

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

A new low from Hobby King

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2013, 07:24 AM
HoundDog
My Feedback: (49)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: A new low from Hobby King

ORIGINAL: Nitro Blast

Have any of you guys seen the 'new' pilots from HK? Am I the only one offended?

Is this really how we want to portray ourselves and our hobby? On Facebook, 500+ likes. That to me is very, very sad.

Its bad enough when folks have such intolerance that they instantly give the single finger salute on the roads, but now in the skies via models? Truly a sad day in my opinion when something like that is so grossly popular.

I'd post the photo if I didnt feel it so offensive... so you are on your own to find it and comment.

Hobby King Facebook page has it.
HK is just like Wally World ... No One likes them. Say they won't shop there but when it comes to parting with the cash, Yup the same guys that don't like what a company does are the first to buy ... OH I just got one thing nothing big. I'll say it again "Money Talks" and U know what I mean %*******# Walks. When it comes to parting with the almighty dollar CHEEP is (H) KING.
Old 06-18-2013, 07:36 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

ORIGINAL: bogbeagle

Yeah, lets all just keep our opinions to ourselves and do or say nothing when we see somwthing wrong,,, this practice didn't work out great a couple generations ago did it?
Old 06-18-2013, 08:09 AM
Chucksolo69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: gizmega

Our hobby is one of the last hold-outs on just having clean fun, and the "age of innocence". Plenty of garbage out there without us gluing it in the cockpits of our airplanes for all to see. (:
No one says you have to use them...............but, I find it interesting that you find it offensive if someone else does. I just don't get what the big friggin' deal is with this. It's a piece of plastic, nothing more, nothing less. If you don't like it, don't look. Simple. The "age of innocence" died a long time ago when mass media was introduced. 'Nuff said.
Old 06-18-2013, 09:28 AM
toolmaker7341

Outstanding and the absolute truth. Tired of all the politically correct making everyone else suffer because 1 in 1000 is offended probably more like 1 in 10,000

Old 06-18-2013, 10:46 AM
Live Wire

FREE Advertisement and how HK loves it
Old 06-18-2013, 11:18 AM
p510851
My Feedback: (60)

As far as the female pilot goes, whatever! It bothers me when guys put Donald Duck in the cockpit of a scale airplane, now that is obscene!!
Old 06-18-2013, 01:50 PM
joebahl
My Feedback: (2)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: p510851

As far as the female pilot goes, whatever! It bothers me when guys put Donald Duck in the cockpit of a scale airplane, now that is obscene!!
Ha Ha plus one on that . joe
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jg13913.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	64.2 KB
ID:	1893016  
Old 06-18-2013, 03:30 PM
Trisquire

ORIGINAL: Bozarth

I thought ARF's were for flying, not building? Why would a ''builder'' knock a ''flyer''? Maybe when I get older I will see the reason for the resentment.

Kurt
The current World flying champion is Christophe Paysant-LeRoux. I couldn't tell you who the current World building champion is.
Old 06-18-2013, 04:07 PM
joebahl

ORIGINAL: Trisquire

I thought ARF's were for flying, not building? Why would a ''builder'' knock a ''flyer''? Maybe when I get older I will see the reason for the resentment.

Kurt
The current World flying champion is Christophe Paysant-LeRoux. I couldn't tell you how the current World building champion is.
I see this old Arf vs builders comming into this thread lets get back to the pilot at hand and have some fun with it before you guys get it locked down. joe
Old 06-18-2013, 04:29 PM
Bozarth
My Feedback: (15)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: joebahl

Kurt
The current World flying champion is Christophe Paysant-LeRoux. I couldn't tell you how the current World building champion is.
I see this old Arf vs builders comming into this thread lets get back to the pilot at hand and have some fun with it before you guys get it locked down. joe

Hey Joe,

You need to quote a little higher in the discussion. And yes, we need more moderators...

Kurt
Old 06-18-2013, 04:40 PM
JKinTX

ORIGINAL: HoundDog

ORIGINAL: Nitro Blast

Have any of you guys seen the 'new' pilots from HK? Am I the only one offended?

Is this really how we want to portray ourselves and our hobby? On Facebook, 500+ likes. That to me is very, very sad.

Its bad enough when folks have such intolerance that they instantly give the single finger salute on the roads, but now in the skies via models? Truly a sad day in my opinion when something like that is so grossly popular.

I'd post the photo if I didnt feel it so offensive... so you are on your own to find it and comment.

Hobby King Facebook page has it.
HK is just like Wally World ... No One likes them. Say they won't shop there but when it comes to parting with the cash, Yup the same guys that don't like what a company does are the first to buy ... OH I just got one thing nothing big. I'll say it again "Money Talks" and U know what I mean %*******# Walks. When it comes to parting with the almighty dollar CHEEP is (H) KING.
Ilike them. I have gotten good service from them and no major gripes so far.
Old 06-18-2013, 04:44 PM
joebahl

ORIGINAL: joebahl

Kurt

Hey Joe,

You need to quote a little higher in the discussion. And yes, we need more moderators...

Kurt
Ha Ha i have been in trouble in the AMA forums here long ago and i can almost bet they will never ask me to be a mod. Iam also a builder but right now in this thread my dog wont hunt. joe
Old 06-18-2013, 04:44 PM
JKinTX

ORIGINAL: scale only 4 me

Yeah, lets all just keep our opinions to ourselves and do or say nothing when we see somwthing wrong,,, this practice didn't work out great a couple generations ago did it?
Depends on what your definition of "wrong" is, just like you definition of the word "is"- to remind all of Slick Willie.
Old 06-18-2013, 04:52 PM
JKinTX

Personally I wouldn't use a pilot like those 2 giving the one finger salute, but if someone uses one in his plane it wouldn't bother me enough to condemn him/her. 'What bothers me more is we can't ever have a discussion on these boards any longer without the thread getting hateful, rude and derogatory,

Those dopey pilots aren't going to stop anyone from doing business with HK, if that is your stated reason, you probably weren't going to shop there anyway,, Nice to live in a world where we can make free choices, isn't it.
Yep! Best remember when the Chinese decide to start dumping our paper (bonds, FRNs) they hold- we are truely BLEEPED, so enjoy life!
Old 06-18-2013, 06:52 PM
Rob2160

I receive a weekly email from HK with their new product announcements and guess what...

This "Miss Congeniality" pilot was listed on the first page... with the following text...

Our new pilot figures will show everyone at the field that you aren't one to be messed with! Not to be taken seriously, these pilots are for those who understand that this hobby is meant to be fun!.

Touche' Hobbyking

For 30 years I have heard people complain that the RC Hobby is too expensive for most people and kids wanting to start out..

Hobbyking makes this hobby affordable and accessible to those people.

Now people complain that HK is too cheap?? LOL.. that's actually funny..

Old 06-18-2013, 11:46 PM
James c harrell
My Feedback: (18)

This kind of thing re-enforces my conviction not to patronize HK and other big "overseas" companies. I'll do my business at the little hobby store down the road where the owner is one of my best friends, probably 80 years old, isn't open on Sunday because he is in church, and will have or will get me anything I need. Why should a company from China care about what it does to our hobby in the U.S.
Old 06-19-2013, 03:00 AM
Luchnia
My Feedback: (21)

I think we all support foreign product since the majority of RC stuff is not made in the USA. The local hobby shop is full of china junk, probably 90+ percent of most local hobby shop inventory is foreign. That is life now in this country. If folks think we can change it, then start manufacturing and paying labor and see if you can be competitive.

I think putting a plastic pilot in one of my RC planes with the finger pointing would be in very poor taste for me. That is the great thing about USA, we can choose as we wish. Others have the right to put one in their planes if they want. That is freedom. I don't get bent out of shape over it at all. I view it as a lack of maturity more than anything.

I do wonder what people tell their young kids when explaining what that means? "Oh, it is just good fun." I have not really had many shoot me the bird in good fun - usuall it is from an angry heart because of feeling wronged for some action that they do not like.
Old 06-19-2013, 04:10 AM
Rob2160

Deleted.. posted in error
Old 06-19-2013, 05:31 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

ORIGINAL: JKinTX

Depends on what your definition of ''wrong'' is, just like you definition of the word ''is''- to remind all of Slick Willie.
Out of context alert!!

Maybe you miss the point entirely,, What that photo says (does) is condemn those who want to express their opinions with no counter argument as to what they should or shouldn't be offended. It's a general statement that's meaningless IMHO.

This basic, "you don't agree with me so I'll just insult you" non-argument is a debate looser every time.
Old 06-19-2013, 05:53 AM
redbiscuits
My Feedback: (6)

It's funny how much commotion my buddies Chipmunk stirs up at the field.

Some people have even wished his plane to crash, now that is offensive![X(]

Name:	Om32577.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	83.0 KB
ID:	1893156  
Old 06-19-2013, 06:26 AM
Rob2160

ORIGINAL: redbiscuits

Some people have even wished his plane to crash, now that is offensive![X(]
Very cute.. If people can't see the funny side of that then I just feel sorry for them.

Only very small minds could be offended by a caricature...

Old 06-19-2013, 06:31 AM
bogbeagle

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

This basic, ''you don't agree with me so I'll just insult you'' non-argument is a debate looser every time.

I think that the world has had enough of the "authoritarian' argument", which goes ... "I don't like what you do, so I intend to use force to prevent you from doing it."

This is the basis for every appeal to "authority figures" and every demand that "something be done". It lies at the heart of why our respective Countries are in such dire straits; the continued appeals for the State to use force against "that other guy", 'cos he's doing something of which I disapprove.

Old 06-19-2013, 06:50 AM
joebahl

This basic, ''you don't agree with me so I'll just insult you'' non-argument is a debate looser every time.

I think that the world has had enough of the ''authoritarian' argument'', which goes ... ''I don't like what you do, so I intend to use force to prevent you from doing it.''

This is the basis for every appeal to ''authority figures'' and every demand that ''something be done''. It lies at the heart of why our respective Countries are in such dire straits; the continued appeals for the State to use force against ''that other guy'', 'cos he's doing something of which I disapprove.

I agree bogbeagle but it was a good feeling to me to see the news this morning about China's economy is failing just like most of the countrys out there including my own. As far as the pilot i have seen guys put more offensive pictures on there planes rc and full scale all the way back to WW-1 ,its called nose art and young pilots and crew had some pretty racey stuff painted on their birds so this HK pilot is tame compared to some ww-2 bomber pictures i have saved over the years. I respect these young pilots and crew for serving and dying for our country and they could have painted anything they wanted on them for all i care. joe

Name:	Ki19870.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	51.6 KB
ID:	1893172   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz78222.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	1893173  
Old 06-19-2013, 06:52 AM
PatrickCurry
My Feedback: (20)

ORIGINAL: redbiscuits

Now THAT is funny and I don't care WHO that one offends. LOL
Old 06-19-2013, 07:42 AM
gravityking
My Feedback: (19)

Ever pull up behind one of those yahoo's truck that has the over sized testicles hanging off the back and try to explain to your little girl what they are?

Boundries folks, boundries.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.