Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

GP Cap 232 40

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2002, 04:18 AM
twister
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GP Cap 232 40

I have a GP Cap 232 40 size with a O.S 46FX it is extremely gutless, was thinking of putting a O.S 90 FS 4 stroke on it. the firewall is all beefed up!! what do you think of this combo? thanks
Old 04-25-2002, 05:52 AM
rvd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default GP Cap 232 40

I have a 40size cap also..

At first I had a GMS .47 in it, and like you said gutless.. it flew ok but needed more power.. Then I installed a SuperTigre G.61 then it had good power but now she was heavier.. It's a viscious circle you fall in.. My cap is so nose heavy that it comes in like a ROCKET and I can't move anything back any further... If you are looking for 3d flying then go with the FS 90.. My .61 just had enough power to keep it hangin on the prop for a few seconds then she'd fall over..

I would suggest a 120 size cap.. better flying characteristics than a 40size....
Old 04-25-2002, 10:22 AM
Spiker

Default GP Cap 232 40

I have a Cap21 40 size. I built it as per instructions and it turned out real tail heavy. I installed a TT46 with 6oz of lead on the firewall to balance. Then it struck me, ditch the weight add some power. I have now installed a Saito 80 FS, the CG works out perfect now. Have yet to fly with this combo. I think it will hover all day though.
Old 04-25-2002, 03:55 PM
twister

Default cap 232

yes mine too is tail heavy, i had to put 2 penny rolls plus battery in the nose to balance it at factory c.g, but since i put a stans cowling on I removed most of the weight!! Its a fun plane to fly but it still tips over on landing's.
Old 04-30-2002, 03:15 PM
RLDIII
My Feedback: (1)

Default GP Cap 232 40

I built my GP 40 sized CAP 232 with four stroke power in mind from the very beginning. Some that I had seen flown with 40-50 sized 2 strokes were fairly fast (almost too fast) on the straight and level, but I wanted an aerobatic bird that FLEW like a cap, with great vertical and quick acceleration/decelearation. I started with the YS .53 in mine (flew great, but wanted unlimited vertical in hot weather), and then moved up to the YS .63. No problem with it being tail heavy, though if it was, I think I would move the rudder servo out of the tail and back under the wing before I added extra weight in the nose. The thing that worried me about .90 sized four strokes in these planes is the extra weight.

With the CG set where I have mine, I do have to use careful application of up elevator on the take-off roll, to prevent a nose-over on our thick grass field, but it isn't anything I can't handle.

Lee
Old 04-30-2002, 05:13 PM
twister

Default cap 232

I just flew the Cap this weekend with the O.S 90 fs and it flew awesome, vertical was like i never seen it!!! the plane balanced out perfect with the 1400mah battery in the nose and no cowling which is from stans and weighs 5 oz. I will need to move batter back more for that.