Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Battery Futaba Rx question

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Battery Futaba Rx question

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2013, 06:50 PM
byrne1157

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Battery Futaba Rx question

I have been using Lipo batteries, and UBEC's. my batteries have been of varying "c" ratings, usually 20c, the number of cells is usually 3 (11.1v). The UBEC's I purchase from Hobbyking for about $6.00-$8.00, depending on the amp draw I need for a particular setup. The UBEC will handle anything from a 2 cell to 6cell Lipo. I can select whether I want 5v or 6v output. If you should choose to go this route, get a "Switching" UBEC (regulator), rather than  "Linear" . They generate less heat, and don't use as much power to do their job.  The idea is for less battery weight, and steadier power. I typically flly 5-8 flights 6-10 mins each before recharging, and still have a few more flights available before it's absolutely necessary to charge...[8D]
Old 07-22-2013, 06:55 PM
jester_s1

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Yes, LiFe's need to be balanced every time they are charged. One overcharge and you can kill them. It's still a matter of debate among those in the know as to which is more sensitive to that between Lipo's and LiFe's, but it's safe to say that both can be easily ruined by forgetting to plug in that balance tap.
Old 07-23-2013, 07:28 AM
drube

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys!