Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Hinge question

Old 08-17-2013, 11:50 AM
p3arljam
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hinge question

Im putting a Hangar 9 P-47 .60 size ARF together and im not using CA hinges can anyone tell me if these http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...P?I=LXD941&P=8 will work for aileron , rudder and elevator and if so the best type of glue to use.

Thanks
Old 08-17-2013, 12:11 PM
RBACONS
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Those will work fine. Epoxy is what I always use with those hinges.
Old 08-18-2013, 12:22 AM
bikerbc

Those hinges should be fine .. I would use slow cure Epoxy .. I like the Epo Grip By Newton Industry .. It is more like Vaseline and wont wick into the hinge ..
Old 08-18-2013, 01:02 AM
Rudolph Hart

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Put some oil or vaseline on the pin itself and then zap them in,it wicks right thru the hinge plate holes and into the soft balsa.Never lost one yet and my tailplanes vibrate at low rpm with saito fourstrokes,people have seen that on the ground and have asked if i should be running robart pins instead.Like i say hav'nt had a failure in years.
Old 08-18-2013, 06:20 AM
hookedonrc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Also do a search on Dubro pinned hinges using Gorilla glue. I am using this type on a 125 sized plane which also had CA hinges. I used gorilla glue and it has a few things to be aware of, one is that it expands. I did a lot of research before I went this direction, and will do it again.
Old 08-20-2013, 07:45 AM
OzMo
My Feedback: (3)

CA, oil the pin first, I toothpick pin both sides as well. Never had a failure, even after a crash.