Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Zenoah G26

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2013, 12:24 PM
bikerbc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Zenoah G26

I have a brand new G26 that has 3 tanks of fuel thru it . It seemed like it had a little more vibration than I liked so I decided to change props.. I had balanced my prop..When I was tightening my prop nut I snapped the prop shaft off..I was wondering roughly what kind of torque you were putting on these things.. I am guessing I had put maybe 20ft. bs on mine before it let go.. I have sent it in to horizion so we will see what happens .. The prop shaft appears to have a sholder where it steps down in size and then it is threaded where it steps down in size again a bit . Thats where it broke .The shaft size where it twisted off is less than 1/4" .. Has anyone else twisted one of these off ? I have tightened thousands of prop nut before and have never stripped a nut or twisted a prop shaft off .. The day before I was down on my knees three feet in front of the motor running it wide open throttle ..I know ,That's not very smart , You just never expect your prop to come flying off but we need to expect it to fly off and get behind it .. From now on I will take the time to get behind it and will insist any helpers do the same .