Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Differences between Servos

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Differences between Servos

Old 11-01-2014, 08:48 AM
Aquila1954
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been to Az in the Winter once, I had my bedroom window open to sleep. My Sister that owned the house asked if I wanted the heater on. I told her she was nuts. I think the night time high was going to be 55.
Old 11-01-2014, 01:18 PM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Yes it is nice here in the winter - but to keep this thread on track......all our servos work well in the winter months
Old 11-01-2014, 05:18 PM
JohnBuckner

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Aquila1954 View Post

Oh, I have used the Gentle lady before, 26 yrs ago. here is a picture of it, also had the standard class Aquila. Before it wanted to crash itself.
I have checked on the price of that servo, it is very reasonable. Thank you very much.
I also want to scratch build the Aquila, I found the plans here on Outerzone.

Now perhaps just a little nudge After you get past your first few sailplanes do consider building one with ailerons and a simple servo actuated nose hook (not CG hook) to explore aerotow with. you will find its a very fulfilling technique and something to strive for. Not nearly as simple as piggyback but much more rewarding. Anyway just a thought

John
Old 11-01-2014, 05:46 PM
Aquila1954

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Something to think about.
Old 11-06-2014, 02:14 PM
acdii

Received 84 Likes on 76 Posts

I dont see that anyone mentioned it, but you can get an old Airtronics(black) to JR adapter harness from Tower. It just changes the wire order to match the new standard wire order and will work in any JR and Futaba RX now. I haven't seen one for the old Futaba bare wire plugs though,
Old 11-06-2014, 02:43 PM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 139 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by tailskid View Post
Yes it is nice here in the winter - but to keep this thread on track......all our servos work well in the winter months
Unless your Aussie then it's summer and you need to go into your TX and reverse the servo.