Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

No fitting on JTEC Incowl Inverted muffler for OS 46AX?

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

No fitting on JTEC Incowl Inverted muffler for OS 46AX?

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2014, 07:05 PM
Guijs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No fitting on JTEC Incowl Inverted muffler for OS 46AX?

Hello,

I am installing a JTEC incowl inverted muffler on a OS 46AX engine, and I realized that it does not have the fitting for the exhaust tubbing that should come from the tank, so common on regular mufflers.

In the OS manual they say that the tubbing from the tank should be attached to the muffler fro the system to be pressurized. Should I drill a hole on the JTEC muffler and attach the fitting? What is the correct way to install it?
Old 11-16-2014, 07:32 PM
52larry52
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes, you will need to drill and tap a hole in the muffler body for the pressure line fitting. Du-bro sells the brass fittings in assorted inch size threads (not metric). Being non metric threads makes it easier for some modelers to have the correct tap size, 8-32, 10-32. My local hobby store in Georgia (USA) has them in stock but that's a long drive for you in Brazil Now that I see you're in Brazil, metric taps may be more common for you. Check your local hobby store or mail order supplier.
Old 11-17-2014, 03:22 AM
Guijs

Does the fitting should be made of brass or can I use the fitting that comes with the original muffler, and just drill and tap a hole for it?

If not, I can find the Du-bro fitting here in Brazil, that should not me a problem.

Thanks
Old 11-17-2014, 06:49 AM
jetmech05

You can use a small tube and solder it in. The fitting does not have to be brass
Old 11-17-2014, 08:10 AM
aspeed

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Yes you can use the original fitting. That would be the best. It is likely a metric thread. m 3.5 would be my guess.
Old 11-17-2014, 10:15 AM
Guijs

I found for sale at my local store the 8/32 brass fitting and the tools to drill and tap the hole. It will be easier to do this than drill a hole and solder a brass tube (which I have), since I don't have the soldering iron for this.

Thanks for the help!