Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

best battery brand?

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

best battery brand?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2014, 04:16 PM
tazzzz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool best battery brand?

Hey guys,,,whats a good brand of receiver batteries////Im replacing all my NIMH units..I have a mish-mosh of everything and am looking for a good battery supplier with a good reputation and reliability of product, I have 6 planes all casual flyers, I kinda want to replace them from the same company.....

THX a billion TAZZZZ
Old 12-30-2014, 03:39 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

Get genuine Sanyo Cells,, doesn't matter who welds them up
Old 12-30-2014, 07:12 AM
DadsToysBG
My Feedback: (35)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you want to use A123's, try TaildraggerRC.com. He tests and balances every pack before he ships. Dennis
Old 12-30-2014, 10:00 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts

+1 on Tail Dragger
Old 12-30-2014, 10:27 AM
scale only 4 me

I agree on a123 if you're giving up on NimH, I assumed the OP wanted to stick with them
Old 12-30-2014, 03:47 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I buy Inloope cells then have them made up at Batteries Plus. The brand doesn't seem to mater much but the chemistry is good in the reguard that you can charge today and go fly a year later. If the OP is changing types the A123 is the way to go. Just needs a different charger for them.
Old 12-30-2014, 04:12 PM
jayd3

Can I have your good NmiH packs ? assuming your going to a new type I'd skip the LiOn s and go to the 123 type don't forget any needed voltage regulators.
Jay
Old 12-31-2014, 05:21 AM
scale only 4 me

Originally Posted by Gray Beard
I buy Inloope cells then have them made up at Batteries Plus. The brand doesn't seem to mater much but the chemistry is good in the reguard that you can charge today and go fly a year later. If the OP is changing types the A123 is the way to go. Just needs a different charger for them.
I have a few packs I welded up using Panasonic "Eneloop" cells I bought at Costco, the cell are made by Sanyo also,, good batteries.
Old 12-31-2014, 08:28 AM
jester_s1

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

www.hangtimes.com can't be beat. They are welded packs using Sanyo cells with a good thick heat shrink covering and a strong strain relief. You can do just as well from another manufacturer I'm sure, but you can't do any better.
Old 01-01-2015, 02:30 AM
TomCrump

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I use them, too. I get mine from Electrodynamics. http://www.electrodynam.com/store/eneloop.html
Old 01-01-2015, 07:36 AM
jayd3

Panasonic and Sanyo have made the best quality cells, I have just started buying Tenergy brand but it's to soon to give them a grade.
There is a guy on Ebay Rdana who test and rates various brands and I sure agree with him don't buy any BTY cells I bought some and they are pure trash!
I recommended the MAHA charger analizer rdana sells if your going to buy individual AA cells as you can check and break them in with it, and if you use a batter holder continue to charge them with it even keep a log of the battery.
It's the best for the money for Nicad and Nmih .
I also have to agree if you want the best NmiH the eneloop are the ones to buy but make sure your getting authentic Sanyo or Panasonic.

Jay
Old 01-01-2015, 09:35 AM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by TomCrump
I use them, too. I get mine from Electrodynamics. http://www.electrodynam.com/store/eneloop.html
I'm not brand loyal but I like the chemistry and all the local stores were out of the type so I really found a deal on Eneloope on Amazon so I bought a bunch of them.For my one electric plane I do use the Tenergy lipos and have had great luck with them. I bought three of them and can fly all day long with the three with very little down time.
Old 01-01-2015, 09:49 AM
JPMacG
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think Panasonic and Sanyo may be the same. Sanyo stopped producing NiCd cells and sold (I think) their "Cadnica" brand of NiCd cells to Panasonic. Sanyo may have done the same with their Eneloop brand of low self-discharge NiMH cells.

In either case I have had good luck with Cadnica and Eneloop products. I agree with the previous comments that it doesn't matter who welds up the battery pack. I think some pack assembler's claims of superiority are just advertising hype.

Last edited by JPMacG; 01-01-2015 at 09:54 AM.
Old 01-02-2015, 03:51 AM
TomCrump

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm not brand loyal but I like the chemistry and all the local stores were out of the type so I really found a deal on Eneloope on Amazon so I bought a bunch of them.For my one electric plane I do use the Tenergy lipos and have had great luck with them. I bought three of them and can fly all day long with the three with very little down time.
I'm not necessarily brand loyal, either. I've met Andy, and Chris, and they're great people. I'm loyal to that, and I know that ED sell quality products.