Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Satio FA-56 no compression, why?

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Satio FA-56 no compression, why?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2015, 04:03 PM
jaj333

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Satio FA-56 no compression, why?

I have a Satio FA56 with maybe 5 hours on it. I have been out of the hobby for about 4 years so engine hasn't been run. It ran good last time I flew it. I am starting to fly again and been getting my planes ready to go. Yes the Satio was a little gummed up. But I turned it over and has no compression. So I figured it must have a valve stuck open. Pulled the covers and they seem to be moving up and down correctly. They are a little loose, but not stuck. Question is why no compression. I have a Satio 65 set same length of time and I started it yesterday, made a few adjustments and it runs great. Anyone got any ideas?
Old 04-26-2015, 06:48 PM
GREG DOE

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Stuck ring?
Old 04-26-2015, 07:04 PM
52larry52
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Greg may be correct with the stuck ring theory. Try heating the main cylinder casing with your heat gun and adding after run oil while moving the piston up and down. Heat it up good and hope enough heat transfers to the piston and ring to free it. If it seems to free it at all, stick the glo plug back in and try firing up the engine. If it starts, run a tank of fuel through it then use after run oil when your done. Put the engine in service to keep it free, and use after run oil after each flying session.
Old 04-27-2015, 02:02 AM
Steve Percifield
My Feedback: (14)

probably a valve not seating. Turn it over slowly, you should be able to hear it leak.
Old 04-27-2015, 11:59 AM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Stuck valve or ring. Instead of oil I put glow fuel into the lifter tubes and cylinder then heat it up with the heat gun. The alcohol will start bubbling then I rotate the engine with a starter. That loosens it up and then I try starting it right away. Once it runs for a short time everything inside will loosen up.
Old 04-28-2015, 06:38 AM
jaj333

Tore it down. Valve seats are carboned up. Valves not closing completely. They were working up and down fine. But weren't sealing.
Old 05-07-2015, 06:41 PM
cjtyped
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Greg Doe-trying to contact you. Randy White
Old 05-08-2015, 01:46 PM
GREG DOE

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Randy, [email protected]