Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Old Thunder Tiger Cessna 177 with .10 Glow Engin

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Old Thunder Tiger Cessna 177 with .10 Glow Engin

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2015, 08:02 AM
Oldbikefixer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Old Thunder Tiger Cessna 177 with .10 Glow Engin

I recently bought an old Thunder Tiger ARF Cessna 177, still in the box with all the pieces (except the glow plug) still in the plastic bags. It's the smaller model, with a 47-1/2 inch wing span and plastic fueselage. This particular model came with a 2 stroke Magnum .10 glow engine included, and is 3-channel, with no ailerons, and a non-steering nose wheel (although I might reconfigure that).

I've been trying to find some info about this model, but so far, all I've been able to dig up is information about it's "big brother", with a much larger wing span, usually powered by a .60 or larger engine, and more often than not, floats for water landings. Sounds pretty cool, but that's not what I have on my work bench right now. I'm just curious about how the smaller model flies, and the reliability of the Magnum .10 engine. Up until I bought this model (at an R/C swap meet, for $27) I had never heard of Magnum engines. Then again, I'm somewhat of a "newbie" to R/C flying, only playing with rubber-powered, free-flight models for decades before being bit by the R/C bug about 3 years ago.

If anyone out there has owned or flown the smaller 47-1/2 inch w.s. Cessna with the Magnum .10 engine, please let me know your opinion of the plane. Mine looks great, but if it would make a better decoration than an actual flyer, feel free to speak up.

Thanks!