Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

DX18 Programming Question - How to "couple" ailerons and flaps

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

DX18 Programming Question - How to "couple" ailerons and flaps

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2015, 07:20 PM
WitzJ
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DX18 Programming Question - How to "couple" ailerons and flaps

I have a DX18 and a model (Aeroworks 40% Carbon Cub) set up with dual ailerons and dual flaps. I am trying to figure out the best way (or any way, for that matter) to couple the ailerons and flaps together. I would like ailerons and flaps to function normally, select a flight mode to have them operate together (i.e. left flap moves exactly with left aileron up and down; same for right side), and possibly set up crow.

This video of an Aeroworks Carbon Cub demonstrates what I would like to do:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yz5CdC1vcjY

I have found plenty of videos showing the flaps operating in this manner with the ailerons, but I can not seem to find anything that tells me the best mixing to use or perhaps a sailplane set-up using the camber system. If anyone has done this with the DX18, I would greatly appreciate some tips!

Thanks!
Old 12-03-2015, 01:47 PM
daveopam
My Feedback: (9)

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts

I don't have that radio, sorry. But it should be an easy mix. Set a mix up with AILE as master and FLAP as slave. This will make the flaps work as ailes. Crow is a little harder. I'll let someone with that radio chime in.

David