Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
DX7 Radio set up >

DX7 Radio set up

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

DX7 Radio set up

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2016, 12:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default DX7 Radio set up

I have a DX7 heli radio that I have several helis set on it. I am trying to set up a plane on this radio, and I have everything working correctly except the flaps are on the gear channel (which only gives me one setting for flaps) and I can't get the lights to work on the aux channel... Also the dual rates are on the flight mode switch (which I would like to put the flaps on possibly). What am I missing here?
What is the correct way to set up the radio for a plane the manual is very vague? I'm really at a loss here for setup of a plane its been 20 years since I've had a plane...
Thanks for any help
Tom
Old 01-22-2016, 07:47 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

slider46, I too am struggling to set up a plane on my DX7. Yes, the instructions are very "vague". My DX7 has a 3 position flap switch over on the left hand side of the TX. I believe that switch will work your flaps on the aux. #1 port of your RX (flaps plugged into aux #1 on the RX). It did on mine. The model I am doing has no lights so I didn't deal with them but I think the "gear" switch would be the one to turn your lights on with (unless you also have retracts). I feel your pain and frustration trying to set up a plane with instructions that don't lead you by the hand (that's what I need!). Hope this helps you.
Old 01-23-2016, 10:03 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by slider46
I have a DX7 heli radio that I have several helis set on it. I am trying to set up a plane on this radio, and I have everything working correctly except the flaps are on the gear channel (which only gives me one setting for flaps) and I can't get the lights to work on the aux channel... Also the dual rates are on the flight mode switch (which I would like to put the flaps on possibly). What am I missing here?
"flaps are on the gear channel" ???

There is a Flap System menu option that provides you the function to set whatever switch you wish. The DX7 manual says the way to get that window enabled is to start with setting the wing type to one with flaps. Setting your wing type of course is something that starts with selecting Sailplane Model Type. Of course, if you don't have the Flap System menu, you haven't set the wing type to have flaps, and might have to se the Model Type too.

FWIW, all my DX7 toggle switches are labeled from "A" to "F" and don't have names, so I won't quote from the manual.
What is the correct way to set up the radio for a plane the manual is very vague? I'm really at a loss here for setup of a plane its been 20 years since I've had a plane...
Thanks for any help
Tom
Start by selecting doing a Model Select
Then set the Model Type
Model Name
If you're going to use Flight Mode, do that.
.... set your Functions as required

Last edited by da Rock; 01-23-2016 at 10:13 AM.
Old 01-23-2016, 10:05 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Have you updated the TX ? That "modernizes" the software and adds functions that didn't exist when you bought your radio. It's really pretty simple to do.
Old 01-25-2016, 02:34 PM

Does horizon hobby or spectrum have the upgrades? I didn't see any on the spectrum site last nite..
Old 01-25-2016, 07:06 PM

I talked with a human and I have the first version of the DX7 so there are no updates unless I send it in for the updates... I'm thinking I should buy a new radio that can be upgraded as I go... now how do I get the lights on the aux 2 channel to turn on and off with a switch?
Old 01-26-2016, 05:28 PM

Ok I have everything worked out except the aux channel doesn't turn off the lights, what is the trick to make the aux channel an on off switch for lights?
Old 01-26-2016, 09:01 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If your light system came with a micro switch (one with an "arm"), you can trip the switch arm with a regular servo using one of the round servo drives reshaped into a cam, or using one of the longer servo arms to trip the micro switch arm. This is an old school way of doing it (that's why I know how to do it ). There is a newer (and better) way using a servo that is an on/off switch but I am not up to speed on them.