Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Seems like JR is done

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Seems like JR is done

Old 12-11-2016, 05:46 AM
jetmech05

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seems like JR is done

We had our swap meet yesterday where some one said JR was done in the RC business.
There are some statements that seem to back that up on their site. Plus on a site from RC Japan, which I assume is a distributor.
Also heard that Horizon was not carrying their products anymore, but there are still some JR products listed.
Anyone have more info?
Old 12-11-2016, 06:30 AM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What statements did you read on their website ?
http://www.jramericas.com/

Did you check to see for yourself if Horizon is selling JR ?
http://www.horizonhobby.com/category/airplanes/aircraft-radio-systems/aircraft-transmitters

My version of the short story is that JR and Spektrum had a working relationship and both products were mostly cross- compatible. A few years ago they had a minor falling out and now the new JR radios are no longer compatible with Spektrum gear.

I did read a post from the rc japan facebook site that they won't be selling jr any longer due to delivery issues.

Last edited by flyinwalenda; 12-11-2016 at 06:37 AM.
Old 12-11-2016, 09:31 AM
Square Nozzle
My Feedback: (1)

You have to get your information from the horses mouth, not from hear say and internet chats. JR has stated that they are moving their RC product manufacturing to Malaysia where costs are lower. There will be a short period of low supply until they are up to speed in the new facility. Nowhere in the press release did they mention stopping producing JR radios. The Japan facility will close (has closed). JR will be concentrating on the "industrial helicopter" market but states that they are still committed to the RC Hobby business. All this is from an "Official Post and Private Communication" dated August 28, 2016 from Japan Remote Control Co.,Ltd.
You can get all the JR equipment you want from jramericas.com

Last edited by Square Nozzle; 12-11-2016 at 01:23 PM.
Old 12-12-2016, 08:00 AM
jetmech05

Seems that some didn't read my entire post
all I'm doing is asking a question to see if someone has more info than the statements posted on a couple of sites.
Old 12-12-2016, 09:38 AM
Square Nozzle
My Feedback: (1)

I have to agree with you Jetmech. Many, including myself on some occasions, will flash through an article and only catch the hot words. I certainly hope JR stands behind thier comments. They mentioned that the RC business is decreasing. I suspect that Spectrum is taking a big bite. I have always been a JR advocate ever since my boating days in the 70's and 80's when my Futaba transmitter literally began falling apart.

Last edited by Square Nozzle; 12-12-2016 at 05:15 PM.
Old 12-12-2016, 12:48 PM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I just read a post that sounded like they (JR) wasn't going to be working with Horizon....it was DATED 2006!!! That's like ten years old...so watch the dates on some of those threads. I just talked to JR about their 14x and gave no indication there was anything going on with JR America......just might pick one of those tx up!
Old 12-19-2016, 07:42 AM
airraptor
My Feedback: (66)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Times are tough for all in the hobby business. JR Japan is moving to Malaysia. They have stopped working on their helicopter line for now and working on industrial applications. They are still supporting their current line of radios, servos and receivers. Yes there was/is a small delay with some products as moving to a new facility, production, shipping and customs. If anyone has question call JR Americas and ask them do not believe what someone says on the net. Some of these people may have other motives by bashing JR to promote something else.
Old 12-19-2016, 07:59 AM
jetmech05

Again someone didn't read my post very well. I never said I read on the net that JR was done.
I also said that there were JR products still listed on Horizons site.
This is why I asked if anyone had more info. So before I'm told about rumors how about reading the entire post.
Old 12-19-2016, 09:29 AM
airraptor

jetmech lol a little angry???
Old 12-19-2016, 05:12 PM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Originally Posted by jetmech05
Again someone didn't read my post very well. I never said I read on the net that JR was done.
This is why I asked if anyone had more info. So before I'm told about rumors how about reading the entire post.
Why do you keep chastising people claiming they never read your original post ?

I believe we all read your post:
We had our swap meet yesterday where some one said JR was done in the RC business. This is called a rumor.
There are some statements that seem to back that up on their site. Plus on a site from RC Japan, which I assume is a distributor. This tells us you actually did read something on not one but two internet sites leading you to believe that JR was done
Also heard that Horizon was not carrying their products anymore, but there are still some JR products listed. All you have to do is check the link to see the JR products they are selling.
Anyone have more info? You have been provided with a lot of good info.
Old 12-28-2016, 04:21 AM
jetmech05

Wow no not angry at all. Must have twanged a few nerves.
There is a 24 page post on another site all about this very subject. There I found the more info I was asking about here.
Old 12-28-2016, 09:16 AM
dasintex
My Feedback: (10)

Jetmech; Par for the course on RC Universe; even when people read the entire post will reply with something not relevant or non contributory; I read your entire post and what I got from it was that you had heard stuff and just wanted confirmation or additional information in support or against, you were not stating a fact just looking for info, hard to get sometimes on RCU
Old 12-28-2016, 09:48 AM
jetmech05

Exactly and thank you dasintex. I'd hate to see JR go it is not good for any of us in the hobby.
Old 12-28-2016, 01:24 PM
FLAPHappy
My Feedback: (209)

Exactly and thank you dasintex. I'd hate to see JR go it is not good for any of us in the hobby.
+1 If they in fact go out of business, what happens to the repair of their transmitters and RX/s?
Somebody has to repair these radio systems sometimes? Who? Will it be Spektrum or JR? JR america?? Any info?
Old 12-28-2016, 01:53 PM
jetmech05

Is radio south still in business? They do repairs.
At no time is a monopoly good for the consumer. The fewer the choices a consumer has the higher the price will be
Old 12-28-2016, 04:49 PM
airraptor

monopoly?
Old 12-28-2016, 08:06 PM
Dealspeed
My Feedback: (17)

This is why RC universe has been in decline in my opinion, people are always bashing others for not being a expert on everything which in there own opinion They do know everything! And how dare you show a little ignorance or get the facts wrong, RC universe used to be a place where you could ask questions and get good advice from experienced modelers.
Old 12-28-2016, 09:22 PM
airraptor

Deal that is correct and many spew claims about this or that and are way wrong lol problem is the guy asking the question think that guy answered his question only to still have issues.

Jetmech monopoly ? who has one?
Old 12-29-2016, 06:15 AM
jetmech05

No one has a monopoly. But there are only three giant radio manufactures. Loose one and we are closer to a monopoly. Which is not good for the consumer.
Old 12-29-2016, 09:31 AM
raptureboy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Airtronics going the same way also. (see thread in radio forum) looks like Spectrum and Futaba have succeeded in crushing the competition.
Old 12-29-2016, 09:45 AM
BelAirBob

Everyone would hate to see another manufacturer leave the market, but raise your hand if you have bought a JR radio in the last few years. It is probably really hard to sell a lot without a distributor such as they had with Horizon. I just took the batteries out of 3 JR radios on 72 MHz. They were really nice radios....never one problem or glitch. But after decades of frequency issues, going to 2.4 was too good to be true. The only problem I ever had with a Spektrum was the rotary wheel on an early DX6i. Horizon fixed it outside the warranty, did a gimbal upgrade and sent back for $0.

If you have been in the hobby a long time, remember Kraft, Proline, PCS, Orbit, EK, citizenship, RS, Ace, Royal, MRC, and the list of ex radio manufacturers goes on and on
Old 12-29-2016, 09:50 AM
BelAirBob

I have no way of knowing, but I bet Spektrum has taken a big clunk out of Futaba too. The E-Flite BNF airplanes, helicopters and drones are everywhere.
Old 12-29-2016, 11:29 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 341 Likes on 273 Posts

Originally Posted by raptureboy
Airtronics going the same way also. (see thread in radio forum) looks like Spectrum and Futaba have succeeded in crushing the competition.
This has nothing to do with Spektrum or Futaba. Without disclosing any confidential information, if they do go down it's self inflicted and has nothing to do with any other company.
Old 12-29-2016, 11:53 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

Holy innuendo Batman.. LOL
Old 12-29-2016, 12:18 PM
airraptor

Jetmech have you ever had an economic class lol?
The model airplane hobby market is down big time and going down. horizon is not selling what they used to also. Us old guys that have been flying for a long are not getting replaced, new people to RC are flying multi-copters and those of old guys sticking around are buying stuff from china.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.