Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Help Please on kit-bash mistake

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Help Please on kit-bash mistake

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2017, 10:26 AM
ziggy138

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Kit bash

Your pictures of plane are very good. Shows you did a great job covering, and building. Be proud of your work, and long live your bird.
Old 08-28-2017, 06:48 AM
Skyhawk940

Keep bashing those planes. Sometimes it works great and sometimes it doesn’t work so great.That’s what it’s all about.How do you think our planes got to where they are today without someone thinking it might be better if….Keep what works and learn from what doesn’t.

Skyhawk940
Old 08-28-2017, 03:40 PM
j.duncker
My Feedback: (2)

Originally Posted by Therapy
Update. I have 10 flights on this now. Flies well. After the first 5 flights I bumped up all the throws and the Ailerons are now at 7/8 up and 3/4 down to get the roll rate where I liked it. I'm thinking even when cutting the dihedral in half from the plans it is still somewhat effecting the aileron roll rate but I'm happy where it is now. I've found that for more scale like turns, especially in windy conditions, some reverse ailerons in turns keeps it more scale like in turns.
Thank you for all the advice. Did not create half the problems that I thought. Flies nice!
Here is the picture of the plane. Cowl is off as I wanted to be sure that the engine thrust was finalized before fitting it.
The second picture gives a better perspective of aileron sizing.
Attachment 2228491Attachment 2228492
That is a build and covering job to be proud of.

It flys well too BONUS TIME.
Old 08-28-2017, 04:00 PM
Therapy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you all! Nothing like some stick time!