Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Wing tubes

Old 01-14-2020, 04:48 PM
Skyhawk940

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wing tubes

Building a Wright Curtiss T-32 Condor, I need wing tubes, about 3/4 inch OD for the receiver tubes. Where do I find them???? I've tried most of the hobby sites and they have replacement tubes with no spec's. There has to be a site that has them. Help!

Skyhawk
Old 01-14-2020, 05:06 PM
red head

Try " Hobby Lobby " or if the tube isn't a part of the structure make your own by rolling up a sheet of paper . ENJOY RED
Old 01-14-2020, 07:06 PM
RCFlyerDan
My Feedback: (52)

https://graphtechrcshop.com/
Old 01-15-2020, 05:30 AM
rgburrill

Originally Posted by Skyhawk940 View Post
Building a Wright Curtiss T-32 Condor, I need wing tubes, about 3/4 inch OD for the receiver tubes. Where do I find them???? I've tried most of the hobby sites and they have replacement tubes with no spec's. There has to be a site that has them. Help!

Skyhawk
It seems most of the hobby sites have gotten away from helping the hobbyists to helping themselves make money and only provide enough information for spare parts for specific items they sell or sold in the past. Good luck finding a part for something you are building from scratch or a kit manufacturer they don't supply. Horizon Hobby is the worst on this. They, and all their vendors, provide very little technical information, just that this part goes with this airplane, etc.

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack your thread. Just ranting.
Old 01-15-2020, 05:50 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

https://www.tntlandinggear.com/

I bought here a few years ago,, some guys have complained them having slow response time,,, but it would be worth giving them a call

I've also bought from vendors on Amazon,

good luck

Last edited by scale only 4 me; 01-15-2020 at 05:52 AM.
Old 01-15-2020, 06:03 AM
Skyhawk940

It's the same thing I thought while browsing their sites. I guess building is a lost art. I like building 'different' planes that everyone asks 'What is that?' When US old timers are gone, it will be dead. I remember when you wanted a kit, you had to fill out an order form, get a money order and mail it. Wait 4 to 6 weeks for it to arrive. Have your Dad drive 40 miles to the hobby store to get bits and pieces. Rant away....
Old 01-15-2020, 06:08 AM
Skyhawk940

Thanks for the https://www.tntlandinggear.com/ link. looks like what I need. The phone number is in my area code.