Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Long Range Plane

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Long Range Plane

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2022, 01:32 PM
fly_high55

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Long Range Plane

Hello there, lately, I've been thinking if it's possible to fly and control a plane at up to a mile. What kind of equipment would I need and what would I need to do? Thanks.
Old 06-12-2022, 04:10 AM
rgburrill

Received 76 Likes on 67 Posts

Great eyesight.
The following users liked this post:
fly_high55 (06-12-2022)
Old 06-12-2022, 07:40 PM
GREG DOE

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Fly-high55, The reason no one has responded is because you are vague in your mission. For example do you want to fly horizontally at a mile distance, or do you want to fly vertically to a height of one mile? Either exercise would be illegal without the proper licensing, and permission. Years ago some of the pattern pilots would fly out about a half mile to make their turnarounds, and that was about the limit of visual sight. So a mile away would be out of site except for a very large airplane, and very good vision. Exactly what is it that you would like to do?