Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

FMS response

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2023, 01:31 PM
BobsClocks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default FMS response

Anyone else had problems getting a response from FMS? Bought a Maule from them with the Reflex controller. Tested perfectly, did maiden, switched on stabilization mode and it did a sharp right turn into the Tera firma. Tried to contact FMS with email and voice mail. No response thus far Extremely disturbing. Any history of Reflex problems with you guys or recommendations how to get through to FMS? Appreciate any help out there. Been with this Rac hobby a long time and always had great customer service from most vendors.
The following users liked this post:
hwinter (01-06-2024)
Old 01-06-2024, 07:03 PM
hwinter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

I had the same thing happen to me twice in a row. The first time I got up, the plane turned sharp into the ground and broke some mounts, which I fixed, I took it out for another flight and the same thing happened, REFLEX took over and ran it into the ground so hard it split apart. It really sucks because its a beautiful plane and I never got any real flights out of it, plus I still have no clue why it took over randomly each time.

Edit: This was a Christmas present I received and was probably in the same manufacturing run as your plane, which means there could be more defective.

Last edited by hwinter; 01-06-2024 at 07:06 PM. Reason: Added comment
Old 01-07-2024, 05:16 AM
BobsClocks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for your comments. Bottom line for me is to never ,ever, use Reflex in any airplane. If I buy one with Reflex, out comes Reflex, in goes a receiver I can trust. When did you try to get in touch with FMS with no response?
RC Bob
Old 01-07-2024, 08:01 PM
hwinter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have yet to reach out but planning on doing so this week, I am not sure how they will respond as I am a first time FMS user and really do not have many RC problems like this. I am thankful I found this thread and will be updating to here ASAP.