Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Fuel?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2003, 08:46 PM
GodBomber!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel?

Can fuel go bad? If not I will buy large amounts, and some other extra parts, props, fuel line, wheels, ect. I need to join a club still! But I hope to find a used size .40 trainer, that can fly. So what kind of fuel do I need to use in a thunder tiger 15? and what do I need to run the engine to test it? I've been looking at fuel on tower hobbies, it seams to be fair priced. any other sites?
Old 10-15-2003, 10:34 PM
higheronnitro

Default RE: Fuel?

Hi there
Fuel if stored correctly will last for years. Methanol is hygroscopic ( absorbs water from the atmosphere ) so the container must be airtight. Nitro ( if added ) should be kept in the dark. The container must resist being attacked by the fuel. You should also keep it away from children's reach and/or in a childproof container and if in any quantity outside your house ( here in NZ more than 5 ltrs of flammable liquid stored inside your home will void your house insurance). I mix my own fuel in 20 ltr batches and have had no issues ( apart from running out!! ) As for running the tt15 / .40 trainer etc I strongly suggest you join your local club as there will be someone who can show you how to set up the engine an how to ( hopefully ) adjust the carb to get it to run correctly. All the new members to our club get to use the club trainer ( aircraft ) and are supplied fuel, I am sure this will be the case at your local club.
Best regards Steve
Old 10-15-2003, 10:55 PM
GodBomber!

Cool, So paying an annual fee will let me use a trainer, and all the fuel I need? I still would like to own my own plane though. But usually how much is the fee? and age limit do you half to be 18? or older. And after I learn to fly, I want strap a camera to the front, and bottom, so I can see were I fly[>:]. I need my dad to take me to the club house, the problem is getting him motivated[:@]. My wish is to learn to fly a real plane[8D],when I get older. I want to learn to fly for many things. I will have about $400.00 at christmas. I hope to be in a club by then. So is it like school to join a club? do you go every day?
Old 10-16-2003, 12:30 AM
3DFanatic
My Feedback: (5)

Not all clubs are like that. Many you have to supply your own plane.