Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Top Flite Elder Biplane opinions?

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Top Flite Elder Biplane opinions?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2002, 04:24 PM
Jayme

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Top Flite Elder Biplane opinions?

I'm just getting back into RC after a 15-year layoff and would like some opinions. I just found a mint-contition Elder 40 Biplane kit in my attic, begging for attention. My brother got it for me way back in 1988 thinking it was a Fokker D-7, which I wanted to build at the time (I never did). I put the Elder bipe in storage and never looked at it again... but now, on second glance, I really dig the faux-retro stylings, and have some silly/fun ideas of what to do with it.

Does anyone have any experience with this particular plane? What can you tell me about it, either flying tendancies or building? I won't be starting the project for some time, yet, but I'm curious as to what I'll be getting into. The instruction booklet claims that this is a good "first plane" which I'm highly skeptical of, since everyone tells me bipes aren't very forgiving. I've never flown a bipe before, so would this one make a good bipe trainer perhaps? And what's the difference between the older Top Flite models and the new "Gold Editions" they're putting out?

Thanx!
Old 03-23-2004, 06:20 PM
rraskauskas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Top Flite Elder Biplane opinions?

Just got an Elder Bipe myself. This is the first RC airplane I will be building and flying.

How did yours turn out? Any pictures?

What engine are you using? I was considering an older (but new) Kraft .61... do you recommend?

Do you have any advice or tips when building / flying?

Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated.