Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Anyone used the Genis (sp??) in-flight "generator" charging system for planes??

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Anyone used the Genis (sp??) in-flight "generator" charging system for planes??

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2004, 04:39 PM
iflynething

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone used the Genis (sp??) in-flight "generator" charging system for planes??

A few years back, I was looking in the 1997 issue if R/C Modeler and just flippin' throught the pages, and I saw this plane with some lights and some other stuff. I looked closer and found that this plane (not a real one but a computer generate see-throught one) has a Gensis (sp??) "generator" that has something on the backplate of the spinner that went to a box in the fuselage. This supposidly charged up batteries, powered lights all while you would fly.

I am very interested in this and would LIKE to try it out (not to say that I will) but am wondering if anyone has had, used, or seen anyone with the "generator" type system.

It looks very interesting and just would like to know if it really works. Thanks Alot......
Old 02-14-2004, 09:28 PM
kelldog
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Anyone used the Genis (sp??) in-flight "generator" charging system for planes??

I DO REMEMBER THAT. THINK IT WAS HEAVY.HAVE TO BELEIVE ITS THE WAVE OF THE FUTURE . KELLDOG
Old 02-14-2004, 10:04 PM
iflynething

Default RE: Anyone used the Genis (sp??) in-flight "generator" charging system for planes??

I just don't know if it would work. It would look like it would be heavy. I'm sure that it would be put on a scale aerobatic or scale plane that the weight kinda wouldn't make a difference. Thought: if your plane was out of balance, you could use this to get the right balance.....!!!
Old 02-14-2004, 10:57 PM
Dsegal

You can see the advertisement at http://www.sullivanproducts.com/
Old 02-15-2004, 11:44 AM
iflynething

Thanks for that.......I was trying to remember who made it....
Old 02-16-2004, 02:43 AM
SpeeDFX

The site says the generator weighs about 5.5 ounces. Is that heavy, lets say, for a 60 size plane?
Old 02-16-2004, 03:08 PM
iflynething

Has anyone actuall used it is my question and if it actually works......

I am also wondering if it would be too heavy. I'm sure that 5 oz. wouldn't make a difference with a .60 sized plane; like I said you could use it to balance it out!!.....