Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Question about building services.

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Question about building services.

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2004, 09:16 AM
strams

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about building services.

Has anyone ever used..or had experience with the building service of 'Custom Built models' Jag manufacturing? I really dont have any experience with fiberglass...and they will glass a plane for me..and make a p51-d to p51-b conversion of an old modeltech ARC..for a very reasonable price.

Ultimately I should glass it myself...its just that you cant get those kits anymore..and I hate to ruin it on a first attempt at glassing.

Anyway, I was curious if anyone has had any luck with building services in general?

Thanks in advance...
Old 02-20-2004, 12:57 PM
FLYBOY
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Question about building services.

As with any custom service, know up front what the total cost is going to be and how long it is going to take to complete. That way you save the shock of finding a huge bill when done. I haven't dealt with that one particularly, but have seen others that the price was hourly and turned out huge. Make sure you know what the final will be before you commit.
Old 02-20-2004, 01:23 PM
strams

Actually they give you a firm price quote up front after going through a detailed check list of what is wanted and needed.

Im already impressed with the quote...Im just curious now as to the quality. Wondered if anyone else that has used a build service was happy with the results.
Old 03-07-2005, 01:07 AM
sb855

strams, I am interested if you ended up using Custom Built Models. I am still trying to get a simple plane back from them that I sent just about the time you posted this question. several people are affected by Customs preformance. please let me know [email protected]