Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

SERVO SETUP

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2004, 10:16 AM
rtonytiger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SERVO SETUP

I HAVE 2 SERVOS ON MY ELEVATOR WITH A REVERSING Y HARNES. I AM USING A JR 662 RADIO AND 700R RECEIVER. THE PROBLEM I AM HAVING IS ONE SERVO HAS MORE TRAVEL THAN THE OTHER BOTH UP AND DOWN. THEY ARE BOTH SET TO NEUTRAL AND ARE LEVEL AT THE NEUTRAL POINT. IS THERE A WAY TO TAKE SOME OF THE TRAVEL OUT OF ONLY 1 OF THE SERVOS WITHOUT EFFECTING THE OTHER SO THAT THEY LINE UP AT MAX TRAVEL? USING EITHER THE DIGITAL RADIO OR MANUALY?
THANX
ROBERT
Old 03-26-2004, 11:09 AM
DBCherry
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: SERVO SETUP

Computer radio, plug the indiviual servos into separate channels and use a mix. Then you can either use end point adjustment or a smaller mix (slave at 93% of master for example) to even them out.

By the way; please turn off your CAP LOCKS. It's much harder to read and is considered rude. Looks like you're SHOUTING!

Welcome to RCU. Great bunch of people, and you'll get lots of help.
Dennis-
Old 03-26-2004, 02:02 PM
birdnest

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: SERVO SETUP

The JR 6 channel radio, at least the 642, will not properly mix 2 elevator channels because you cant couple the trim settings, ie when you try to trim out the elevator, only one elevator half will move. I bet the 662 is the same. If so, you are better off with the Y harness. Make sure the servo arms are perpendicular to the push rod at neutral on both sides. 8 channel radios have the programming to mix 2 elevator servos, Futaba calls it Ailevator.

Peter