Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

.60 engine problems

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

.60 engine problems

Old 04-02-2004, 01:52 PM
FrankEscalle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default .60 engine problems

I have a Magnum .60 in my biplane. I ahve had it for a while and ti is already broken in. The problem is that the engine does not hold a very good idle and it quits when i full throttle it quikly. Then after i run it for a while the idle is to high and it wont stop. I have tuned the needle valve right and everything but i still cant figure out why it is doing this.
Old 04-02-2004, 03:16 PM
waagbuck
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: .60 engine problems

Sounds like your low-end mixture is too rich.
Old 04-02-2004, 03:51 PM
kdheath

Default RE: .60 engine problems

This is just me, but I would put a new glow plug in it, too. And with any fuel mixture issue, I make sure the carb and fuel are absolutely clean. It's sort of like re-booting Windows-sometimes you really have to, and at worst, it doesn't hurt. Then ever so slowly lean the idle needle (a tiny bit at a time!) until you get a good idle and transition. Sounds right, though-bottom end is too rich and it's loading up with fuel at idle.