Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

small rotating retracts

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

small rotating retracts

Old 04-04-2004, 10:49 PM
wing-nut

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default small rotating retracts

Hey, Guys,

I was not sure where else to put this question. Does anyone know of any small (maybe .20-.25) sized rotating retracts? Thanks.

Bryan
Old 04-05-2004, 12:43 AM
FHHuber
Banned

Default RE: small rotating retracts

Smallest commercial set i knowof is the Hobbico set for .40 size airplanes. Depending on the model... they MIGHT be OK for a .25 size.

You can modify straight type retracts into rotating type if the strut is held in with a setscrew... and there is room to insert some wheel collars on the strut to keep it from sliding up and down. (deleting the setscrew. This is essentially how the Hobbico's work.) A couple of ball links and a 3rd wheel collar are used to actuate the rotation. (it would take some better computer drawing skills than mine to show how...)
Old 04-05-2004, 02:00 AM
wing-nut

fh,

thanks for the input. i get the idea of your description. do you think, then, that the robart 1/2a size ones may be modified in this manner?

bryan
Old 04-05-2004, 02:45 PM
CafeenMan

I'm not a machinist, but I'm sure a set could be made easily enough. I'd like to build the Royal 1/2A Corsair kit and would love a set of retracts for it. I'll probably just leave the gear off and hand launch though.
Old 04-28-2004, 06:18 PM
Lawrenceljh

I have no idea how to start with my question or where to go so here it is. Please have mercy on my computer skills.

I am looking for a set of main gear electric retracts for a new project.
I can not get the mechanical ones I got from Hobbico (HCAP4010 machanical
retracts-conventional) to link up and operate without binding they are in to tight of a configuration and there is very limited space. I thought electric retracts might be the way to go. There is NO room for pneumatic, no place for the air
cylinder.

They will be going on a 46 size non-conventional lifting body. Please
check geobat.com for a better idea of what I am building. Could anyone
please E-mail help, suggestions, or even a sales notice if anyone is willing to sell.

Thank you for your time in this matter.

Lawrence J Hasslinger
Omaha, Nebraska
Old 04-29-2004, 07:13 AM
CafeenMan

Lawrence - You should start your own thread in this forum (Questions and Answers). A lot of people will look at the title of this thread and never even read it because they know they can't help.

Just start a thread called "Need Mechanical Retracts" and you should get some suggestions soon. Another good place to post is in the scale forum, but pick one or the other. Moderations usually delete duplicate threads.

Good luck in your quest.

- Paul