Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

prop braking

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2004, 10:08 PM
bumper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default prop braking

I was braking in a saito 150 today and was getting the engine leaned out fore my max rpm, snap and the engine quite. Looked at the engine and seen that the blade was snapped off a inch from the center section of the prop. It was stuck in the ground belowe the engine stand. The prop was a dynathrust. Just wondering if anyone has had problems with these props if so what and do you recomend a different prop. Thanks jimmy
Old 04-10-2004, 10:17 PM
bhole74

Default RE: prop braking

I have used Dynathrust props without any problems. Is it possible it could have already been cracked?
Old 04-10-2004, 10:27 PM
bumper

That is not good, I'm just glad no one was in the way of that blade when it came off the engine. I have used these props for awhile now and have had no problems with them until today. Just glad that it wasn't in the plane at that time. Thanks for your info Jimmy
Old 04-11-2004, 04:31 PM
phread59

As memory servs Dynathrust props are solid nylon. They had a reputation as being prone to breakage on 2 strokers. On a 4 stroke it would be worse yet. I would reccomend staying away from Dynathrust. Try a Master Airscrew "K" series prop. They are designed for 4 bangers as memory serves. A good APC is also a good choice. I have also seen Zingers used. Although I have never used one on my 4 strokers. I like the K props on mine. Good luck and I hope all works out for you and your Saito. I have a bunch and love them.

Mark Shuman