Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Airbrushing: Color matching paint to Ultracote color?

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Airbrushing: Color matching paint to Ultracote color?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2004, 03:01 PM
Snapperhead
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Airbrushing: Color matching paint to Ultracote color?

I just recently covered my GP extra 300 with ultracote and painted the cowel with ultracote's color matched spray paint. Unfortunately, I can't seem to get a smooth finish with their paint. I get spattering when I try to apply it and wondered if anyone knows what I might be doing wrong? I have followed the directions making sure the temperature and humidity were fine, shaking the can, etc. I have used spray paints before so I noticed right away that there was something wrong with the way the paint was laying down (spattered). My first thought was that maybe the spray nozzle was defective so I purchased a second can but had the same results! Has anyone else had the same experience or has anyone used this product with success?

On a side note: If I wanted to airbrush the cowel is there a product out there that matches ultracote colors that I could airbrush on? I was surprised to find that Hangar 9 only sells their ultracote paints in spray cans. thanks for your help....

Jeff
Old 04-27-2004, 09:40 PM
rcalfred

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Airbrushing: Color matching paint to Ultracote color?

Try www.radiosouthrc.com/. They can mix up polyurethane paints to any color. You just need to send them a sample of the color you want them to match. Then you can spray with your regular spray system. Regards.