Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

moki 180

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2002, 10:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default moki 180

Would a Moki 180 be enough motor for a lanier cap 232, 80 inch wing? Thanks,
kenneth
Old 06-30-2002, 03:15 AM
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default moki 180

What's the projected finished weight? My Moki 1.35 hauls my 12.25 lbs Gilies 202 like a rocket, so I would expect excellent performance from the 1.80 if you can keep the weight down to around 15 lbs.
Old 07-01-2002, 05:47 AM
My Feedback: (4)

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts
Default moki 180

I've got a friend here in Fresno that just this weekend took his Lanier Cap(80") on it's maiden flight. He put a G-62 in his, and it's out of sight here, literally. Totally unlimited everything.

I own a Moki 180 myself, and have that in a Goldberg Sukhoi, and in this plane, this is one potent set-up, and am very aware of the potential it has in the right plane.

What I've seen in my friends assembly of the Lanier though, is it starts out as a heavier airframe. Hence the reason he went for the Zenoah(of which he upgraded inginition too).
Also, I'm building(almost complete) a Midwest 80" Extra, and the prototype and plans call for the 180Moki. Although I don't think I would go with it in this plane, at least for what I want. I went gas..BME50 here.
To answer your question, from what I've seen and experienced, the Lanier Cap would be vertically challenged, as well as challenged in other areas of performance, and with it being an unlimited class plane, I would NOT recomend this set-up for all out performance. I'm not saying it would be a slug, just that there are better combos that would do a better job overall. Also I'm not knocking the Cap, or the Moki...quite the contrary...each is in it's own class though in my opinion.
Matter of fact....I've got the Hanger9 Edge just waiting for my Moki to come out of my Sukhoi. The Hanger9 Edge is a wee bit smaller then the Lanier, in most dimensions, and a better match overall. At least in my opinion,,,I hope anyways. All in time though, I can only work on 3 projects at once anymore. Hope this helps, and good luck.
Old 07-05-2002, 09:27 AM
My Feedback: (6)

Default moki 180

KENNETH: I HAVE BUILT AND FLOWN THE LANIER WITH THE MOKI 210. THE WEIGHT CAME OUT @ 14.7 LBS. THE MOKI 210 FLEW IT FINE AND THE VERTICAL WAS GREAT. HOPE THIS HELPS.
Old 07-10-2002, 07:43 PM

Default moki 180

Thanks for the replies, lots of good information.
thanks, Kenneth
Old 11-05-2016, 07:44 AM

Default Moki 180 prop reaming to what size?

What size do i need to ream my prop on a moki 180