Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Oh NO!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2004, 06:36 PM
Patriot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oh NO!!!!

I just clear coated my wing with 5-star clear coat, and it is painted with Rustoleum.

I forgot the flex additive in the clear coat. I have read in a few posts that a flex additive is needed. Is this really true? The paint doesn't use any flex agents, but if it doesn't need it, why would the clear coat, if any?
Who has done this before that really knows?

Patriot
Old 05-17-2004, 06:56 PM
Patriot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Oh NO!!!!

Well, I talked to the paint expert at the Auto parts store, and he said that this particular brand, 5-star X-treme 5185, does NOT require a flex agent, ,as the new formulas coming out on the market usually no longer need it. Some still do, but this particular one does not. It is perfect for plastic parts, bumpers etc. And after I told him what it was for, he chuckled and said, "You're not the first modeler to ask me this." Apparently, this shop is the place where most of the other local club members get their paint.

Patriot