Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

What does everyone think of a chatroom on RCuniverse?

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

What does everyone think of a chatroom on RCuniverse?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2002, 02:50 AM
lovetoflyguy
My Feedback: (139)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What does everyone think of a chatroom on RCuniverse?

I was thinking if RCUniverse had ever thought of putting up a chat room for us crazy rcers. I think it would be nice, but where do I start to ask? Does anyone else think that would be cool? I was just curious of what everyone else thought....

Fellow Pilot,
PJ
Old 07-29-2002, 01:58 PM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I, for one, like the idea. But I would suggest several chat rooms for different topics.
Old 07-29-2002, 02:11 PM
seafury_fb11

Personally, I don't care for chat rooms because when you get more than a few people in there, it gets hard to follow any one topic. I think that alot of useful information would get lost in the chat rooms because the replies are all jumbled together instead of being organized in individual threads. The forums are basically chat rooms anyway. If two users happen to be online at the same time, they can post replies back and forth in exactly the same manner as a chat room. I vote no.

Russ.
Old 07-29-2002, 05:04 PM
tmproff
My Feedback: (5)

I think that it's an excellent idea. As for splitting it up in subject matters, it all depends on how popular it gets. I've seen some spiffy java clients that would work nicely. Anyways, some mod needs to read this and give an opinion. I'm interested.
Old 07-29-2002, 08:42 PM
daven
My Feedback: (1)

Default Chat Room

I would be all for it. I'm almost a regular at the old RcChat chatroom that I believe is being run through ********.net. They have a great base of guys, and its alot of fun. I believe most can run fine on Java, mirc, or pirch?