Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

flight timer

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2002, 04:45 PM
jmf2001

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default flight timer

Hi guys. Hopy were you fly the weather is great. Here in Puerto Rico we can fly 365 days a year. As a matter of fact the grass also grows 365 days a year and that can be a proble. At our flying sit the grass around the fiels is as high as an elephant's eye. And if your model goes down in it it's going to be very hard to find it. I know that there are all kind of plane finders on the market but on most of them the audio volumn is to low. I am using a unit I picked up ar Radio Shack. Really loud. It runs on a 9 volt battery. At the present time we have two ways of arming it. Either on constant or with a servo driven by the radio to turn it on or off.
Now what I would like to do is to use some kind of a timer. Either an electronic timer or ( if you old guys remember the free flight days ) a timer called an Austin timer to cut the electrical power to the free flight models ( Im talking over 50 years ago) Does anyone know were I can get a small elelcronic timer or one of the old free flight timers that cut off the ignition?