Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Ace Seamaster

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2002, 12:41 AM
vc7300
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ace Seamaster

Have just completed putting this ARF together. Need advice on where and how is the best way to water proof this plane.
Old 07-30-2002, 02:23 PM
easy2fly
My Feedback: (3)

Default Ace Seamaster

get some foam rubber and put it on the wing saddle. you can buy the trim peices that will fit right in. also bundle up some paper towels and put them in the fuse by the rx and servos on the bottom. it helps in soaking up any water that gets in.
Old 07-30-2002, 04:17 PM
thepope
My Feedback: (1)

Default Ace Seamaster

I wrapped my wing with Saran Wrap and ran a good bead of silicone caulk on the wing saddle. Then I bolted my wing in place for overnight and removed it next morning. I just trimmed the excess caulk and it doesn't leak a drop. I use a large balloon for my receiver with some foam in the neck with a couple of small cable ties.
Works for me!
Bill
Old 07-31-2002, 01:30 AM
easy2fly
My Feedback: (3)

Default Ace Seamaster

i did the same thing as bill before the foam rubber. but i wanted to try something else.
Old 07-31-2002, 02:25 PM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Ace Seamaster

Here's what I did, and it works better than wing saddle foam. Get some 1/2" foam tape from a hardware store (for insulating doors windows etc.) then put it on the WING instead of the saddle. Now, when the wing is bolted on, the saddle squeezes through the foam and makes a better seal.