Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

I make a big mistake?

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

I make a big mistake?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2002, 11:01 PM
tyred

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I make a big mistake?

Good morning i'm an italian modeler who read and live with model airplane news , top gun and scale models.......but i'm only a novice in this hobby ....so ...i had build a little balsacraft focke wulf and i have colored it with acrilics paints(like tamya,testors...used for static model ....)now ..i must to cover all with a clear cote to protect the airplane from the exaust and fuel.....i have buy for it the ripmax clear cote(the opaque version naturally)..but to use it with my badger 200 i must to thin it.....but if i use a nitro thinner the color will be deleted.....what i can use for it .....(please don't say the name of a products because here in Italy is impossible to find your products.....if you can help me you must say to me the tipe of thinner....(component.........thank you very much for your patience and to all for your love in this beautiful hobby!!!!!!!!!
ps:excuse me for my English
Old 11-18-2002, 03:11 AM
Jim Finn
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I make a big mistake?

If you are new to this hobby ,as you said ,I suggest that you find some local help with your building and espicially flying! The Plane you speak of should be your third or fourth plane , not your first. It is way to hard to fly for a first plane. Find someone to teach you on a high wing trainer. By the time you can fly and land it you will know a lot more about this hobby. Why not brush on a clear dope or use a clear spray paint that is fuel proof? Personally I would put an electric motor in it but that is expensive.