Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Twin stick conversion

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Twin stick conversion

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2002, 03:40 PM
csandt051196
My Feedback: (35)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Twin stick conversion

I have an old twin stick kit and I will be adding a third engine to the nose. This is the second one that I am planning to build. the first one was a ball until I sold it.

My question is how to hook three servos to one port in the receiver?

Thanks for your input.
Scott
Old 08-02-2002, 04:14 PM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I once needed a three way 'Y' for a Royal p-38 two rudder and one nosewheel servos. It was a simple matter to solder one up to custom lengths out of aileron extensions. Its just like a normal 'y' with an extra female lead. Simply solder the same three colors together from all four leads and shrink wrap.

John
Old 08-03-2002, 01:53 PM
easy2fly
My Feedback: (3)

you could buy two y connectors and hook one y connector into the other and plug that one into the rx. that way you have 3 plugs for your servos
Old 08-18-2002, 03:12 PM
twinman
My Feedback: (2)

Default twinstick

Have done three of these conversions. My suggestion for add the extra engine to the nose beyond above ideas...(I used the two y cord idea myself). Add wing plates or sometimes called wing dams to the wing tips for additional lift. The wing loading is getting high on this. I eventually added 8" additional wing span.
The over lapping props will make a "Whapping" sound that is very unique. Be very careful starting this monster. There is an aweful lot of spinning knife edges near your fingers.!!
Good luck
Old 08-18-2002, 06:16 PM
twinman
My Feedback: (2)

Default Bashing into Twins

Go to rcwarbirds.com and the twins forum and you will find a link on doing this type of conversion.
Good Luck