Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

retract servo

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2004, 05:32 PM
PROP-WASH
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default retract servo

HI EVERYONE
I have a corsair [hanger9] and a JR radio the corsair has retracts.
this is the first time i have tried retracts so i have to buy a retract servo.
JR retract servo high torgue low profile st#JRPS-791 HAS A PRICE OF $59.99
TOWER HOBBIES has a retract servo TS-63 S2K- LOW PROFILE BB SERVO U
FOR $29.99. IT comes with Universal Connector for jr and others brands.
Can and should i get the tower servo? . its just that the price is so much lower
then the JR

THANKS- PrOp-WaSh
Old 11-06-2004, 07:23 PM
Richard L.
My Feedback: (24)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: retract servo

Yes, you can buy the Tower Retract servo, but that servo only puts out 90 oz/in of torque. Ideally, you would want at least 100 oz/in of torque to raise up those heavy wheels.
Old 11-06-2004, 09:56 PM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RE: retract servo

The Tower retract servo will work just fine. Just a note on servo plugs: Hitec S, JR and Airtronics Z plugs are all totally compatable. The Futaba J which is also used on the Tower is totally compatable if you cut off that flange on the plug with a knife. The servo cannot be damaged if you manage to plug one in backwards. The wiring polarity of all four current majors: Hitec s, JR, Airtronics Z and Futaba J are identical.

The chief reason a retract servo is needed for mechanicals is they are a full 180 degree operation to enable sufficient throw to operate the retracts. Another point for you to realize is retract servos are not proportional. Once triggered they will travel full throw regardless. You cannot use electronic endpoint adjustment in the TX to help with the adjustments. All adjustment must be done carefully by the linkage on those pull rods.

John