Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

New Pliot Question

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

New Pliot Question

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2004, 06:14 PM
Serriaromeo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Pliot Question

I am a pretty much self taught rc pliot, being that i live out in the sticks and we don't have a rc airplane club around here that i know about. but i was watching a kc-135 the other day and was wandering if it was possible to do a mid-air refueling of a rc aircraft.

While I do understand it would be difficult to get the flying aspects down. I am more intrested right now in the mechanics of the fuel system, and if it could be modded to allow for mid-air
refueling.

Thanks,
Shawn.
Old 12-17-2004, 06:30 PM
Doug D.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: New Pliot Question

The actually refueling done by the real KC-135's is pretty tough to do. AF crews make it look eay because of the amount of training that they have to get threw.
You'd probably need large models with on board camera systems so you could monitor the hook ups in real time. Even then it would be very tough.