Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Panther

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2004, 05:07 PM
JGrc
My Feedback: (29)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Panther

Does anybody fly this airplane and what's the general rating of the kit?
JG
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig13632.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	205377  
Old 12-21-2004, 11:10 PM
Gringo Flyer
My Feedback: (18)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Panther

JGrc, I live in Argentina where they make the Panther. Down here it is a very popular airplane (alhtough overshadowed by the widebody 60 from CA models which is also made here). It flies pretty well, but not on the same lines of the widebody or epsilon from CA.

Aerokevlar kits are know for there poor quality. I dont know about the Panther specifically, but with some of their other models like the Locura you really have to fill in the gaps in the construction. In the end they come out nice, but they are a challenge.

What is the Panther being sold for? Here in ARF I believe it goes for about $150. Which is a great deal for a 60-90 sized plane with a fiberglass fuselage in ARF. I would buy one for the price alone, but if it came down to picking the plane I wanted, I would go for the epsilon or the zafiro (which has a fiberglass fuselage) from CA.

BTW, the ARF version does not look like the one in the picture. The ARF is red, yellow, blue, and white. It looks OK, but they could have designed a better scheme.