Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Shipping Large Planes >

Shipping Large Planes

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Shipping Large Planes

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2001, 04:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shipping Large Planes

For those interested about shipping large planes. I could not find a place to ship a Goldberg Extra 300....... without shipping my wallet with it A friend told me about Greyhound..... the bus people. The plane shipped without any problem. From Oklahoma to Colorado for about $42.00 with insurance. Just thought someone may be having that problem this time of year. Hope this is not against the rules........ I am in no way affilated with Greyhound. Anyone else have any good shipping deals..... I would love to hear it. Thanks, Tex
Old 12-18-2001, 04:53 AM
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I generally use Forward Air @ fowardair.com...

Forward Air has depots in most of teh largwe metropolitan cities within the United States.

Rates are very reasonable, timely and offer insurance. I have shipped with Forward Air maybe twenty times now, never had a problem...

An example of shipping charges for a 40% Carden aircraft from Florida to California, $155.00 including insurance which was very reasonabe. Utah to California $65.00. The crate overall dimension is factored for the charge... Known as "Dim" [dimensional] LxWxH.. Weight is not a factor for our models.
Old 12-18-2001, 11:44 PM
My Feedback: (2)

Default Greyhound

Use it all the time ...........

faster and cheaper than UPS or Fed X

the bus never stops

Illinois to california in like 18 hours

try to get that from UPS for 42.00

http://206.66.2.229/
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	204_480.gif
Views:	59
Size:	2.8 KB
ID:	773  
Old 12-21-2001, 04:00 AM

Just shipped another today. A Tiger 2 . I'll let you know how it went. If it is like the last time....... no problem at all. I paid Mailboxes etc. to pack the plane....... that was not cheap!