Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

K&B 65 MOTOR

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2005, 02:45 AM
skrez
My Feedback: (15)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default K&B 65 MOTOR

Hi Guys,
I aquired an old but what seems to be in good shape K&B motor. On the side of the motor it is stamped K&B 65. I put it in an test stand and it fired right up and ran very strong. Does anyone out there know anything about this engine, because I could`nt find any info on it? It has a standard carb on it, not the plastic perry type. It also does not seem to have a ring on the piston. What is a good prop and rpm selection for this motor, and any info on this motor would be great.

thanks,
Frank
Old 01-24-2005, 09:56 AM
APIA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: K&B 65 MOTOR

Hi Frank
Check out MECOA.com, there is a wealth of info there. Also check out their question and answer page.
-Tom
Old 01-24-2005, 06:28 PM
blvdbuzzard

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: K&B 65 MOTOR

Run the engine on low nitro fuel and lots of castor oil. Use a big prop on it and treat it like a four stroke and it will be happy and so will you. For props I would use a 12X6 at the smallest and a 13X5,6 work well too. Use fuel with castor and stay away from fuel that is all synthetics. You can guess the age of the engine by looking to see if the bushing in the nose of the crank case is bronze or just the alloy the case is made from. The bronze bushed is newer version of it.

For more detailed info do a search on it and get ready to spend time reading lots of pages.

Dru.