Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Plans for a Frequency Board

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Plans for a Frequency Board

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2002, 02:22 PM
pequeajim
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Plans for a Frequency Board

I am looking for plans for a frequency board as I need to build one for our club.

Can anyone help me? Pics or yours in detail would help too.

Jim!
Old 09-06-2002, 02:35 PM
Gdolboy3

Well, here's an idea for you. This is the way our club board is set-up. I don't have any pictures, but if you can hold out till this evening, I'll send you one.
We have 4 flight boxes, which we've color coded with red, green blue, and yellow. On out frequency board we have two pieces of steel, 1/4 Inch thick, and 2" wide by about 4 feet long. Course the rail is labeled with all the numbers to the frequencies. You just put a clothes pin on the number you are using. Now if you're flying, you'll pick out which ever box you want to fly from. Like I said the boxes are color coded. So for example, if you want to fly from the yellow box, you'll grab a plastic yellow card, which has a small dowl in it, and stick it in a hole that is drilled above the numbers on the board. And of course your pin with your name on it. Now that you're set up there, you have the ownership of the frequency and the flight box while you start your plane and make adjustments before you taxi, or carry your model to the runway. We only allow 4 planes in the air at a time. Plus, your name is on your pin, so if you want to know who's flying and where they're flying from you just check the board.
Probably sounds confusing, It'll make more sense when you see the picture.
Old 09-06-2002, 04:10 PM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

Gdolboy3,
That system actually sounds good. I like to visit so I fly at a lot of different fields so your system lets you know when is flying where and if someone is on your frequency they are easier to find.
Old 09-06-2002, 08:18 PM
Gdolboy3

Hey, c'mon on out and visit us here in Cheasapeake, VA. We talk alot about RC Universe, and always welcome guests.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	24745_10203.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	74.7 KB
ID:	15810