Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Aircraft Ideas?

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Aircraft Ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2005, 11:47 PM
Airdale CPO
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aircraft Ideas?

I have a OS 91 FX and would like some ideas of a aircraft to put it in. I am wanting to be able to do 3D stuff but none of my aircraft can do any of that. I have a slimline pitts muffler for it as well.

I have been looking at the Sig 3D Mayhem, Funtana 90, even a Ultra stick. Every time I read a review or check other posts, every one is throwing massive 4-strokes on the ones that I mention (1.50, 1.20, 1.00 etc.....) and say they are having a blast with tons of thrust to pull them straight up in a blink of an eye. I don't want to purchase a 90 size aircraft and have it be a dud when it comes to performance. Do I just purchase a 40 size and throw in the 90? I think that would be a little unsafe even with throttle management.

Heck it seems that in a lot of the reviews done by individuals don't stick to the manufactures recommendations anyway. If the engine size is from 90-1.20 4 stroke they review it with a 1.80. Does anyone else notice that? I am not saying every review but I would have to say about 70% do.

I also know that aircraft set up is key as well, so if any suggestions that come to mind could you pass on set ups? Do I just build light and set throws to 60 degrees?

I'd appreciate the help.
Old 02-01-2005, 11:33 AM
FLYBOY
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Aircraft Ideas?

I put that engine on the Great planes shoestring and it was a blast. Only problem was the enigne was a POS. Finally got tired of messing with it after OS rebuild the engine then replaced it. I pitched it and bought a ST 90 for it, just haven't had time to stick it in. Good plane though.
Old 02-01-2005, 11:36 AM
bingo field

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi Chief,
Have you considered going to a 60 size plane if you wanted to stick to the 90 motor? I put a 75 in a 60 Tiger and it flies nicely, but not 3D anything. I think I would have to go to a 90 to get it to hover, but I am still having fun with it the way it is. I still have some prop changes to go through, just to tune the way it flies. I have space limitations at my field, with a drop in at both runway ends to make landings a "challenge".
Old 02-01-2005, 01:00 PM
mulligan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Take a look also at the Razzle and the Harrier 3D