Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

servo glitching problems

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

servo glitching problems

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2005, 10:27 PM
rclement
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default servo glitching problems

Well.............. Shoot!! [:@] Didn't get to maiden my Twist today. Everything was ready to go and when we did a range check it was twitching really bad. After trying several different things it was found that with the anntena wire running through the plastic tube in the fuse it was causing the elevator/rudder servos to glitch. I'm using Futaba 3004 servos and while not being the best servos they shouldn't cause glitching. Anyone know why they would cause glitching????
Old 04-10-2005, 10:52 PM
platero

Default RE: servo glitching problems

did you use aileron extensions in the rear servos or pull pull system with wires? it may cause the problem, 6 volts packs overcharged may cause the problem too. But if the problem dissapear putting the antenna out of fuse, I suspect that is metal to metal contact.
Old 04-10-2005, 11:07 PM
rclement

I didn't leave enough info on the original post. It's two servos on either side of the fuse with servo extensions. We found that if the anntena wire was held to the side or up or away from the aft servos it wouldn't glitch. But even if the anntena wire was laying on the fuse by the servos it would glitch badly. ( the fuse was laying upside down in a craddle while we were testing it ) I tried swapping out crystals and the receiver from another plane but it still glitched. We also took the crystal and change it from channel 24 to channel 44 and used a different transmitter (channel 44) and then the glitching went away. It is definately something to do with the anntena wire being next to those two servos................
Old 04-11-2005, 09:32 AM
platero

I never use servo extensions in rear servos, just cut the servo wires and extend cables with stereo microphone cable, it come wraped with a mesh, this mesh i solded to black cable, this way if there is electrical noise can´t come into the antenna.
Old 04-11-2005, 10:43 AM
rclement

Platero, I like that idea. It sounds ingenious!![8D] I think I might have found what caused it. One of the balsa stock pieces just aft of the canopy had snapped while building it so I cut the monokote and put some CA on it, reattatched the monokote, and put the canopy on. I had noticed later some deformation on the inside of the monokote on the lower side of the fuse but didn't know what it was. Anyway, turns out that the CA had dribbled down and onto one of the servo wires and bonded it to the monokote on the lower fuse. I noticed it while trying to take out the servos. I'm wondering if the CA melted the wires enough to destroy the coating and cause interference..... (?[